Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Clyne set to leave

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Pressure from who? What a load of nonsense. He'll go wherever is offering him the best deal and the best prospects.
The its up to Palace to fight for what they can get. They have NO say in where he goes, directly or indirectly. If he wants to move to Southampton - an upwardly mobile club, where he's likely to hold down a first team place, and no distance from his home and family, no amount of 'pressure' is going to make him sign for Newcastle.

Who would REALLY pick Southampton over Newcastle though? I mean, really? I don't particularly dislike our Saintly friends, but the Toon just seem like a better option as they're definitely a club on the up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who would REALLY pick Southampton over Newcastle though? I mean, really? I don't particularly dislike our Saintly friends, but the Toon just seem like a better option as they're definitely a club on the up.

A young man who wants to live 60 miles from his family rather than 300?

A young player who wants to PLAY rather than be a fringe squad member?

Someone going to the club offering a higher salary?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There's no way Palace would say £2m in a tribunal though, they'd probably say £8m or something daft.

It would certainly cause a snigger when the tribunal sat down and looked at the submissions from both clubs. :lol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'd imagine if one club offered Palace £4m, Clyne would be going there. He'd be under a massive amount of pressure to get the best deal for the club that made his career.

Really....?

I thought Clyne was a professional footballer......not a full time born again Christian.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Newcastle are signing Debuchy, not Clyne. Do all these young Palace players have the same agent, because it seems to be the same story every time?

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Ultimately Clyne will go to whoever gives Palace the most money, but I doubt it'll be Southampton and I doubt it'll be £1.5m

Looks like it will be Southampton and it will be for as little as £1.5m

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Will be Zaha next for a grand total of £3M & not the £10M they seem to think.

Tsk

ANY team wanting Zaha will have to pay a sum which would clear Greece, Italy AND Spains debt. Its at least a Zillion. You know that.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So after wanting £10m for Zaha, palace could lost their 3 best players for a combined £5M?

Brilliant.

At least they have a nice stadi....oh

Well at least they have sold out their season tick...oh

We'll at least they live in a nice are.....hmmm

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So after wanting £10m for Zaha, palace could lost their 3 best players for a combined £5M?

Brilliant.

But they do have moveable homes! Whether thats a plus or not, I'm not sure!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Brilliant.

:lol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Quite literally "PALACE IN DE-CLYNE"

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Brilliant.

Well at least you beat us twice ..... Hmmmm .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Looks like it will be Southampton and it will be for as little as £1.5m

Don't believe all you read , we havent agreed any compensation with saints as yet so to assume £1.5 m is the fee is a little premature .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well at least you beat us twice ..... Hmmmm .
What's that got to do with it? We finished way above you, and when was the last time you did the double over us? About 80 years ago or something.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Don't believe all you read , we havent agreed any compensation with saints as yet so to assume £1.5 m is the fee is a little premature .

I think they would risk the tribunal if you ask any more than that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

But we were told it would be Man Utd, or DEFINITELY a Top 4 side if not them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What's that got to do with it? We finished way above you, and when was the last time you did the double over us? About 80 years ago or something.
Never, or so I believe. Happy to be told otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here