Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Soi, it turns out that you could have got FOUR Billy Gilmours for your £50m today, and still had over £5m change to keep them all in deep-fried pizza for the rest of their lives.
2 Scott Mc'Tominays plus plenty of change

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Soi, it turns out that you could have got FOUR Billy Gilmours for your £50m today, and still had over £5m change to keep them all in deep-fried pizza for the rest of their lives.
Not getting sold for £50m is one thing, my main concern right now is promising to make a seagull tattoo if he was sold for less than £12m.

How does this work in England @El Presidente, do the clubs need to report the exact fee at one time or another?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
different type of player, but I guess we all agree that as good a player as Caicedo is, he was never really worth 115m....... was great we had Liverpool and clueless tool Boehly both bidding against each other.

People defend Gilmour’s paucity of goals/assists by saying he’s a defensive midfielder. I don’t see that myself. But going with that theory, Caicedo’s defensive numbers for us were markedly superior.

It was patently obvious to those who go to games. From the very first minute Caicedo was a destroyer, also adding pace and quickening our transitions.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I have no idea what Billy wanted , but if it was Napoli then good luck BIG man wish you well , still a crying shame , massive loss .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I can understand the meltdown.

This only leaves us with Weiffer, Beleba, Milner, O'Riley, Moder, Ayari, Gruda and Hinshelwood to fill those 2 spots in CM.
I get the irony, but being realistic, Moder and Ayari aint good enough to play first choice, Hinshelwood hasnt got the physicality to play the DCM role however good his passing may be, Milner is slow and nearing the curtain call of his career, O'Riley is crocked for 3 months...... which leaves Gruda as an unknown if hes yet adapated to the rigours of PL, so just Wieffer and Baleba!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not getting sold for £50m is one thing, my main concern right now is promising to make a seagull tattoo if he was sold for less than £12m.

How does this work in England @El Presidente, do the clubs need to report the exact fee at one time or another?
Similar angst here.

When picking up Mrs Bozza on her way home from work I'll ask where she wants me to meet her. Often the response would be BGR, short for Billy Gilmour's Road.

What the hell are we going to refer to it as now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here