Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Yes, Moder is still a midfield option ( as of 21:09 ).

It is assumed he'll be sold this summer.... but maybe not ?
He's going to end up in a weirdo league I think. Shakhtar or Sparta Prague or something similar to that.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I still don't think he's good enough and he's hardly fully proved himself this season. He's been poor.

England under 21 is pretty meaningless. Loads of players have played for them and not made the grade.

I hope I'm wrong btw.
You already are wrong. Stop digging!

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Hummels? If Eric Smith can do it at St Pauli…..
Nope, he's a good baller but you don't want to see him try to twist and turn some opponent away in build up. He's a bit slow nowadays.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Gruda has nothing to do with anything... I very much doubt it. To go from playing in roles where you take high risk-high reward decisions to a role where you must not lose the ball is a big shift.

We only play with one DMC in build up now. He has no buddy to bounce the ball of as in earlier years. His job is turn with the ball or, if its not possible, survive the press and find a full back who can play it behind to our MC/AMC in the space they left behind to follow Gilmour/Wieffer and stop them from turning.

He is then supposed to turn around, get into position and receive the backward pass from MC/AMC and make the decisive pass to the wing or striker.

(I will explain it in a video some day - we play some very clear patterns when building up)

To do this role you have to be top class at passing, relatively quick/nimble (preferably also strong), excellent technique in small spaces and excellent reading of the game. Milner can't do it, Baleba probably can't either, Hinshelwood and Ayari possibly... and Wieffer hopefully, but I haven't seen enough of him.

Nah... not happy with this one, not at all.
Think you have to trust the new bosses assessment that Gilmour isn’t what he wants in Midfield- remember he spent has loads of time analysing the squad and with it pre season. Yes on his day Billy is good enough but also some weak attributes I.e lightweightness/ lack of height (yes really!!) does him no favours. Having said that his pinpoint passing was his strongest attribute. Good luck Billy it’s worked out for all parties IMO

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I still don't think he's good enough and he's hardly fully proved himself this season. He's been poor.

England under 21 is pretty meaningless. Loads of players have played for them and not made the grade.

I hope I'm wrong btw.
Blimey you're a miserable git

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
That's very sad if that's the case he is being pushed out against his will. Do you mean his parents said he was surplus to requirements or do you just mean that must be the case if the transfer goes through?

I still can't understand why you would start a player in a match and risk injury if you were desperate to sell them?
This story just gets more tragic by the day. First he hears he's no longer wanted by the club, and now he's told he's become surplus to his parents' requirements.

I'm imagining an Eric Olthwaite type domestic scenario for poor wee Billy....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Disappointed, but best of luck to the lad. He had a rough start here signing for Potter from Chelsea right before Potter f'ed off to Chelsea. And then the whole crazed stalker thing.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I think this is likely to be the players wishes. Napoli are a big team, he’s got another Scottish international there now, Italian football is likely to suit him. His time here hasn’t always been easy. He’s has off the pitch drama with his stalker. He might just fancy the move and a new start and us being us have allowed it to happen because it’s the players wishes and he’s been a model professional
Isnt that the same reason why Potter left us to join Chelsea

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I hope I'm wrong btw.
Hmm …came on as sub after 82 mins ….played the majority of the MU game where I think it’s generally felt he had a good game…so in my view that comment is total bllx

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
So he’s off if Romano is correct.

Not sure how we’ll replace 0 goals, 3 assists, 17% shooting accuracy, 55% tackles won and 33% crossing accuracy but I guess TB’s data does.

You spent the entire last season moaning about the lack of replacement for Caicedo, who in 22/23 - according to the same site - scored 1 goal, 1 assist, only managed to 50% tackles won and 47% crossing accuracy.

Bissouma had one or two lucky hits out of too many attempts, Caicedo scored two goals, Stephens was no goal machine in the PL, your old favorite Liam Bridcutt has scored five goals in 400 games or something. Why are people expecting defensive midfielders to score a bunch of goals? It has never been the case. Its one of the most goal shy positions in football, central defenders included.

Geez.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Buy signed

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hmm …came on as sub after 82 mins ….played the majority of the MU game where I think it’s generally felt he had a good game…so in my view that comment is total bllx
He played the full game Vs Everton and was roasted time and time again, by an average winger. And was way out of his depth Vs man u. I sincerely hope he's not starting tomorrow, it's unfair on him and the team.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You spent the entire last season moaning about the lack of replacement for Caicedo, who in 22/23 - according to the same site - scored 1 goal, 1 assist, only managed to 50% tackles won and 47% crossing accuracy.

Bissouma had one or two lucky hits out of too many attempts, Caicedo scored two goals, Stephens was no goal machine in the PL, your old favorite Liam Bridcutt has scored five goals in 400 games or something. Why are people expecting defensive midfielders to score a bunch of goals? It has never been the case. Its one of the most goal shy positions in football, central defenders included.

Geez.
“I can’t defend those points so I’m heading to whataboutery”

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He played the full game Vs Everton and was roasted time and time again, by an average winger. And was way out of his depth Vs man u. I sincerely hope he's not starting tomorrow, it's unfair on him and the team.
What are you talking about? More to the point, who are you talking about? You have noticed the thread title, have you? - Billy Gilmour is not and never was a winger.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What are you talking about? More to the point, who are you talking about? You have noticed the thread title, have you? - Billy Gilmour is not and never was a winger.
There's a separate thread within this thread about Hinshelwood and I didn't start it !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here