Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He started because of the reduced options available due to injury / not arrived at the club yet.

According to you - who can value players more accurately than the combined might of the Premier League's 20 recruitment teams - he's a £50m+ player. When he's going for less than a third of that. there would be suitors from the Premier League.

He may choose Napoli over them, for the reasons you allude to, but there hasn't been a single whisper that any PL clubs would like to take him.

And, to be clear, I'm not for one second suggesting there's anything wrong with BG to deter other clubs, but it strikes me as totally bizarre there have been no links at all.
He went straight into starting eleven, without having played a single minute in pre-season, with Baleba and Ayari on the bench.

He was A LOT better against United than Wieffer was against Everton. It remains to be seen if Wieffer is the free-scoring ball winning playmaker everyone expects him to be.

Don't know why the whole "no rumours about suitors from the Premier League" matters? Top teams don't want him and everyone else is more or less skint and in no position to buy players from league rivals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This. He really isn’t all that and we’re making a profit on him, happy days.
Absolutely.
He’s a reasonable player, and did do well last week, but he’d be a squad player for me as per RdZs first season, coming on as sub.

Must admit though I did think some lower prem teams Soton, Forest, Ipswich would be interested

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think I said it before but Gilmour seems to be the only player who can get the offer of a great move to a big club, one that plays Champion's League regularly and very recently won Serie A, yet people find ways to turn it into some kind of negative reflection on him and his football ability.

We didn’t want him anymore anyway and everyone we’ve bought in is better than him - man we sound like a bunch of bitter, spurned lovers who can’t stand their ex’s new boyfriend.
Let's hope they are!

Chances are he may well end up in Italy but glad it's not right now when the squad still needs a lot of shaping and gelling

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I am confused by today’s posts, is he staying or going?

Are there any official sources stating that we are willing to sell him?

I will be sad if he goes but understand it if he feels he won’t get decent game time when all players are fit.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This whole Gilmour business has felt off from the start:

1. Billy is worth a lot more than Napoli are willing to pay.
2. The bloke was MOTM against Man Utd - he's proven Prem quality, and we haven't got that sort of player elsewhere in our squad, i.e. neat, tidy, foot on the ball and getting physically stronger with each passing month.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Who knew that Billy replaced Graham as the one who stole the heart of Swansman.
Not sure I've ever heard the guy talk or anything. Seems like a nice lad :shrug:

I only dislike it because I dislike the idea of selling our best midfielder for £15m.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The whole "the manager thinks Billy is too short/doesn't score enough goals from his defensive midfield position/is only worth peanuts" thing is a made up narrative, because in real life - in reality, in which your emotions mean nothing and Hurzelers opinions everything, Billy Gilmour started a game against Manchester United six days ago.
I haven't said any of that - although I know others have.

I know you fail to understand how in this small village called Sussex that people talk. People connected to Premier League football clubs talk.

And from those talks, I know the club don't want to keep Billy Gilmour. I don't know why that is the case, but it is very much a fact, not an opinion.

As I say - you won't believe that. But I'm happy about what I know, and trust it more than your wild guesses from somewhere a long way from here,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sky Sports just reported that he's currently undergoing his medical in London, as there was no time to get to Italy.

We already had that reported

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

I know you fail to understand how in this small village called Sussex that people talk. People connected to Premier League football clubs talk.

And from those talks, I know the club don't want to keep Billy Gilmour. I don't know why that is the case, but it is very much a fact, not an opinion.

As I say - you won't believe that. But I'm happy about what I know, and trust it more than your wild guesses from somewhere a long way from here,
Blimey :down:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Like many, I don't get why we are letting WBG go in this window. Wieffer and O'Riley are both out which leaves a CM combo of either Hinsh, Baleba, Milner. There is no one else really? Not great.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This whole Gilmour business has felt off from the start:

1. Billy is worth a lot more than Napoli are willing to pay.
2. The bloke was MOTM against Man Utd - he's proven Prem quality, and we haven't got that sort of player elsewhere in our squad, i.e. neat, tidy, foot on the ball and getting physically stronger with each passing month.
MOM agead of Van Hecke? You sure?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

No worries, I believe you - people talk. People talk a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here