Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That’s very odd messaging, it’s pretty clear he’s away to Napoli now. I get that he isn’t going to confirm news but I’d have an expected more along the lines of deferring to Barbar or that his future is still in discussion with the club.

I don’t really believe he thinks Gilmour will be here at the end of the window, I’d be surprised if anyone believed him.
Club needs to stop messing WBG about. He's done nothing to deserve that

(that'll set the batphone ringing off its hook in Chailey Towers 😄)

Last edited:

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I got the impression from the PressConf that FH doesn’t talk about transfers but the players themselves are clear on his plans for them and if they don’t like them then they have a decision to make. In other words, politely, it’s not our business and take it that if they are on our books they could be in the team

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wonder if what we paid for Gilmour has any relevance to what we are prepared to sell him for. £15 million might sound low, but it’s still a £7 million profit on him, if I remember correctly. Which is a great bit of business if we can get a better replacement in.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
That’s very odd messaging, it’s pretty clear he’s away to Napoli now. I get that he isn’t going to confirm news but I’d have an expected more along the lines of deferring to Barbar or that his future is still in discussion with the club.

I don’t really believe he thinks Gilmour will be here at the end of the window, I’d be surprised if anyone believed him.
So you think we have an outright liar as a manager?

SkirlieWirlie

Jan 6, 2024

I don't do Twatter, so not sure if there is anything following the quotes above, but unable to read anything negative from those two positive, albeit one word, responses 🤷

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
O'Riley and Gilmour are two completely different types of midfielder.

Gilmour leaving simply means we have one less defensive midfielder option sitting in front of the defence. Matt Riley is never going to do that job. If you look at their heat maps there is barely any overlap in the spaces they operate in.

What is more relevant is whether Hurzeler thinks that Yasin Ayari or Malick Yalcouye can replace his position in the squad and be as effective.
Not Milner or Baleba????

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
So you think we have an outright liar as a manager?

Well that’s why it seems weird to me. I don’t think he is.

The reports today are that Brighton & Napoli have reached an agreement for him, Napoli have agreed terms with Gilmour, and he’s away on Monday to have a medical. Unless something unexpected comes up it seems fairly clear he’s away.

I get saying he’s available Sat, I’m sure he’d play if asked. Why say you expect him to be here at the end of the window? He must know that nobody at this stage would think that’s true?

It’s no big deal, just seems like a strange path to go down.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well that’s why it seems weird to me. I don’t think he is.

The reports today are that Brighton & Napoli have reached an agreement for him, Napoli have agreed terms with Gilmour, and he’s away on Monday to have a medical. Unless something unexpected comes up it seems fairly clear he’s away.

I get saying he’s available Sat, I’m sure he’d play if asked. Why say you expect him to be here at the end of the window? He must know that nobody at this stage would think that’s true?

It’s no big deal, just seems like a strange path to go down.
Because he is contracted to Brighton and Hove Albion and until he is not, the expectation is there.

If the expectation is NOT there, it gives Napoli and the agents some very useful levers in the negotiations that TB and the recruitment team would not be keen on them pulling.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Because he is contracted to Brighton and Hove Albion and until he is not, the expectation is there.

If the expectation is NOT there, it gives Napoli and the agents some very useful levers in the negotiations that TB and the recruitment team would not be keen on them pulling.

They reached an agreement, negotiations have happened, the expectation now is that he is away.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Every team has a manager / head coach who won’t always tell the truth to the press for very good reasons.
Most are economical with the truth and vague though. To me, that is a surprising statement given the rumours. I am hoping he’s telling the truth!

Something like “I expect so but things change” would have been better if he knows he’s off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here