Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
You may be right, No way am I suggesting he is a failure, my favourite player last season. The club are clearly not desperate to get shot as he would be gone if so.

I don’t know enough about FH’s midfield choices to pass it off as anywhere near a fact, but I get the impression he may be too small and lightweight for the style FH prefers. The fact that he hasn’t had a minutes game time is odd if he is still rated, he’s not been injured has he?

Oh yes and apologies, I only quoted you in respect to the first bit of my reply. I didn’t mean to suggest you were thinking he was a failure, that was a general comment from the stuff I’ve seen on lots of social media platforms.

I don’t find his absence from games that surprising if he’s going to be sold, it’s obviously been in the pipeline for weeks now and they’ll not risk injury in preseason games.

He also had a longer break etc after the Euros so like Dunk, Gross etc, was off for longer I think, before coming back.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It isn't a 'win/win' if we lose all the games he plays in, and we get completely destroyed in midfield.
I am not a big Milner fan but if he stays fit I think he will have something to offer, not as a FB or a nailed on starter for me. He had a decent game against Villarreal too

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I doubt FH is dead set against playing any player, especially one with the quality Gilmour has.

I swear that he must be one of the only players to get the offer of a decent move to a big team in a top league, yet somehow it gets seen by some, as a failure on his part or the club being desperate to get rid (despite Barbar saying words to the contrary).
Yes. but previously when we've sold to 'big' clubs in recent years, we've got at least £20-£25M for them, usually considerably more, and even in some cases (Caicedo, Cucurella for example) a whole shedload more.
They haven't been binned off, unwanted, on the cheap.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Milner has looked pretty decent each time he as played in midfield, centrally or otherwise.

His best performance for us was (ironically as Fab was there) the home game against Spurs.

Don’t let his performances at fullback out of necessity last year fool you into thinking he is past it.
I was going to post something similar.

A lot of opinions seem to have been set by his performances at RB (which were rather ordinary, in the Australian sense).

I doubt Hurzeler will be shy about making changes if Milner is struggling in a game...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If Napoli go for Casadei in a player swap with Chelsea, that might affect the Gilmour deal right?

Napoli have an, erm, interesting take on player valuations.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Milner and wieffer cm potentially concern me . We are banking on wieffer being absolute quality in that partnership or we may have issues . Similar concerns all be it slightly less with baleba . Has shown glimpses but is still a bit headless

The prem league is so strong this year . If we have ambitions of top half then we may be very very grateful for gilmour to step in with the experience and proven prem quality he has . Especially if we are a bit of a car crash cm at the start .

Some of the comments about Milner quite amusing . I agree he was good in Japan and pre season though

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Milner and wieffer cm potentially concern me . We are banking on wieffer being absolute quality in that partnership or we may have issues . Similar concerns all be it slightly less with baleba . Has shown glimpses but is still a bit headless

The prem league is so strong this year . If we have ambitions of top half then we may be very very grateful for gilmour to step in with the experience and proven prem quality he has . Especially if we are a bit of a car crash cm at the start .
In that scenario, he's worth more than £12M to us, so keep him. If FH doesn't fancy him, and only plays him as a last resort, that's a bloody good last resort to have available!

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
It’s up to Billy really isn’t it. If he thinks his career will benefit from a move to Italy and a manager he knows then it is his choice. The rest can be worked out. I will be sad if he goes because he is probably my favourite player after Solly. What I mean is, if he really wants to go he should and not much point is forcing him to stay.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I was going to post something similar.

A lot of opinions seem to have been set by his performances at RB (which were rather ordinary, in the Australian sense).

I doubt Hurzeler will be shy about making changes if Milner is struggling in a game...
In the Australian sense 🤔
Yet to meet a shrinking Violet from Oz
I’m pretty sure you meant feckin awful 😂

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
In the Australian sense 🤔
Yet to meet a shrinking Violet from Oz
I’m pretty sure you meant feckin awful 😂
IMG_6695.png

Some of the comments about Milner quite amusing . I agree he was good in Japan and pre season though

Totally agree. We got a bit of a going over in the first half from Everton who will only at best be an average team. We won’t be so fortunate against a good team, I’ve never been a Gilmour super fan but what I saw today indicated to me we may well need him

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Totally agree. We got a bit of a going over in the first half from Everton who will only at best be an average team. We won’t be so fortunate against a good team, I’ve never been a Gilmour super fan but what I saw today indicated to me we may well need him
Absolute rubbish. Throw Baleba, Gruda and Rutter into the mix and we have more than enough.

I liked what I saw from Wieffer today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here