Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Unless we bring in another deeper midfielder then we still need WBG as things stand, even just for rotation and injury cover. Be foolish to get rid.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I reckon this transfer is now dead.

WBG will sing a new contract with the albion and all the NSC squad tinkermen will love him again. Lol.

Did he do a tearful farewell walk around the pitch at the end? If so, he’s off, If not, dead in the water.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
Billy seems a really good lad… I actually feel a little sorry for him. One season he‘s our top midfielder along with Pascal and the next he is seemingly surplus to requirements.
Whether he stays with us or not, I hope it’s sorted out soon.

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
I’d be gutted to see Billy leave, he’s been great since he got a regular run of games last season and seems very well liked by the squad too. Hope the Napoli transfer doesn’t happen and he stays with us

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If a fee of £13m or above is reported, I don't have to do the sea rat tattoo. £12m+add-ons = I have to do it.
hello, i asked you years ago; are you more interested in potter's project or bloom's? cos, what a marvelous business model, it's blooming good fun

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’d be gutted to see Billy leave, he’s been great since he got a regular run of games last season and seems very well liked by the squad too. Hope the Napoli transfer doesn’t happen and he stays with us
But we keep buying more midfielders (to replace him?) We've got Gruda in, we're still going for Kadioglu, whose signing could release Hinshelwood to play in midfield - and what about O'Riley? - are we still after him?
I don't want to bin off WBG, but I'd rather let him go if the alternative is to keep him here as 4th. or 5th. CM.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think he will find it tough to get matchtime this season - with Balebs and Weiffer vying for spots, Hinsh available to play higher up the field, Gruda and Ayari and Barco still not having showcased their potential - the midfield is looking quite crowded.

I’d miss him too but Napoli would be a great fit for WBG and they are a good mid table Serie A team which under Conté could even be in the Champions League next season.

But Shirley they have to do better than that.

Last edited:

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
How do we know any of them are better than Billy? We know what what he can do and he’s good enough to start for me.

If it turns out that these players do all come in and are decent then fine but Pascoal has already gone and Milner won’t play every week

But we keep buying more midfielders (to replace him?) We've got Gruda in, we're still going for Kadioglu, whose signing could release Hinshelwood to play in midfield - and what about O'Riley? - are we still after him?
I don't want to bin off WBG, but I'd rather let him go if the alternative is to keep him here as 4th. or 5th. CM.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How do we know any of them are better than Billy? We know what what he can do and he’s good enough to start for me.

If it turns out that these players do all come in and are decent then fine but Pascoal has already gone and Milner won’t play every week
If they're not better than Billy, then what the hell would we be buying them for? Or just more suitable for FH's system than WBG? - that's still pushing him down the pecking order (and out of the Scotland team).

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Well we don’t, there’s no dead certs in football. But we mitigate risk by using market leading analytics to find players who fit into our model, this can mean taking a (calculated) risk on upgrading when the option is available.

Nobody has a 100% success rate, but ours is pretty damn good especially in the last 4-5 seasons.

Without knowing for sure whether Potter would be an upgrade on Hughton, Bloom took that risk and it helped drive the club forwards

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
If they're not better than Billy, then what the hell would we be buying them for? Or just more suitable for FH's system than WBG? - that's still pushing him down the pecking order (and out of the Scotland team).
TBF I reckon Billy could play for a Championship side and he’d still start for Scotland.

Absolute rubbish. Throw Baleba, Gruda and Rutter into the mix and we have more than enough.

I liked what I saw from Wieffer today.
Lol why so rude - calm down. Baleba unconvincing last season, Rutter is he really a central mid? Gruda let’s see him kick a football for us for us first

Gilmour doesn’t make the same mistakes as Wieffer did today. I’m still baffled by this one. He fits perfectly in the team Milner isn’t the answer.
What’s the main theories out there? Is it that the technical higher ups have decided he’s dispensable? Is it Hurlezer himself? You do get baffling stories in football and this is one of them. We really needed calmness on the ball in that first half today and that’s certainly something he has in his locker

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
There might be some convincing theories
What’s the main theories out there? Is it that the technical higher ups have decided he’s dispensable? Is it Hurlezer himself? You do get baffling stories in football and this is one of them. We really needed calmness on the ball in that first half today and that’s certainly something he has in his locker

Couldn’t agree more. I understand people who complain about his goals and assists but he is absolutely a safe pair of hands and technically a fantastic player. He’s still developing as a player it’s not like he’s in his late 20’s there’s more to come from Billy. I do wonder if it’s for him who feels better when he is first choice and to be fair to him I can understand that after being such a pivotal member of the team last season why take a step back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here