Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Of course not, it’s just a Wednesday afternoon “what’s the most outrageous thing I can say to get a reaction” situation. Swansman used to do it all the time. Good entertainment but not to be taken seriously
True. At least he is inside on the internet rather than smashing shop windows!

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Somebody with £80m sloshing about in their back pocket in 2007l8 would 'of' bought that prime bit of real estate with planning permission secured :shrug:
I'm sure all of this is making perfect sense in your mind. But it's ridiculous and seems to be divorced from reality.

Anyway, I hope Napoli come back and pay the fee for Gilmour. He's overrated, doesn't impact the majority of games he plays in and doesn't do anything exceptionally well.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It is in the face of the global meltdown of 2008 when the guy with the deep pockets just waiting in the wings swooped to nick the club off the guys and the community who had done the hard miles and the hard years to secure the planning permission for the stadium and who, in normal financial times, would 'of' had commercial funding in place. No surprise then that's zero love lost between DK and TB
I guess "Dick Knight and the community" received plenty of £80m+ bids in the thriving economy between 1997-2008 then? Otherwise what you're claiming doesn't make a lot of sense.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is in the face of the global meltdown of 2008 when the guy with the deep pockets just waiting in the wings swooped to nick the club off the guys and the community who had done the hard miles and the hard years to secure the planning permission for the stadium and who, in normal financial times, would 'of' had commercial funding in place. No surprise then that's zero love lost between DK and TB
No, but we don't have to choose between them, or take sides. It's not binary. Both are Brighton fans, and we have cause to be grateful to both.

Now, back to the WBG will-he-go-or-will-he-stay saga.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Somebody with £80m sloshing about in their back pocket in 2007l8 would 'of' bought that prime bit of real estate with planning permission secured :shrug:
While I'm very much team DK you have to acknowledge that Bloom had been propping the club up behind the scenes for several years. Oatway even mentions in his book Bloom paying their end of season promotion holiday bonus in 2002!
It's not like he suddenly came in and robbed the club from Dick

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Wouldn't expect you know our history. But at least maybe try? :facepalm:
Would expect you to know your history but clearly not if you believe there was a dozen people queuing to spend £80m on it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The manager and the club has said nothing about playing or buying tall, big midfielders.
It would be a surprise if during the introductory press conference or transfer window, the club specifically came out and said we were looking for tall players. That's not something that has ever happened anywhere. So you have no point

I've no idea if that's the way we're trying to go or not. The signings of Wieffer and Gomez and maybe Hummells, looked at alongside the possible departures of Gilmour and Facu, suggests it's part of a strategy. And it does tie in with the way St Pauli set up

But the point being, this would be the strategy of the club. It's not fans advocating for this, aside from the general pre season optimistic musings about how we might fare differently physically in the coming season. This is the Gilmour thread and there are very very few Brighton fans happily celebrating the departure of the player

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
This is the Gilmour thread and there are very very few Brighton fans happily celebrating the departure of the player
Clearly bullshit if you actually read the thread.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Clearly bullshit if you actually read the thread.
True, there is a fleet of cars parked up at the Amex with engines running….and Bozza at Shoreham airport waiting with props turning on the apron of the runway :wink:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
TB seized a business opportunity in the global recession of 2008 because he happened to have £80m sloshing about in his back pocket at the time. I just feel gutted for Dick Knight who, along with Martin Perry and the Albion community who did the hard miles just to allow Tony Bloom to swoop on that one-off discounted business opportunity in 2008 when cash was king.

The real fans know who saved the Albion. Hint: it wasn't Tony Bloom

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Hatstand.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
While I'm very much team DK you have to acknowledge that Bloom had been propping the club up behind the scenes for several years. Oatway even mentions in his book Bloom paying their end of season promotion holiday bonus in 2002!
It's not like he suddenly came in and robbed the club from Dick
.... goes off to google search a book Oatway wrote re the Albion....

As an aside, Charlie must live around Withdean as I see the tubby little chap all the time around there (which always makes me smile as i loved that team)

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
You are Dick Knight's mum and I claim my £5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here