Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think THPP is concerned about wee Billy leaving , rather than another club merely being interested. Eh, @Tom Hark Preston Park
That’s how I read it….bit of an over reaction by CJ imo….still he hasn’t got where he is today without a bit of over reaction

Any excuse to add this re the CJ bit

Last edited:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
WBG is a fine player but I’d imagine we’d have to seriously consider offers of around £30m. Two years remaining on his contract and possibly some doubt on his role next season. Could be the right time to sell.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Blimey indeed. We just bought a somewhat highly rated Eredivisie midfielder for £30m and a young winger with barely any experience for £35m.

Billy Gilmour is a 23-year-old central midfielder who started some 40 games for his mid-table Premier League (the best league in the world) club last season. Why on earth would we let him go for "far below £40m"?
We paid 9m for him, according to reports. I don’t think he’s added 31m to his price tag in his time with us.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
two years left on his contract. If he’s not going to extend then his value decreases if he stays with us this season. However, it’s going to take more than £8/12m to get him in this window.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
We paid 9m for him, according to reports. I don’t think he’s added 31m to his price tag in his time with us.
Chelseas inability to put a decent value on their players is going to play no role in Billys next transfer fee.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Interesting. Putting aside the fact I don’t particularly rate him, I also don’t see a place for him in our team now with how FH likes to set up. If we could get north of £25m for him I’d snap their hand off.

£50m in from him and Undav to spend on an upgrade to our team would be immense business.

Would be a great opportunity for him over there too.
Disagree on Undav.
£25 - £35m Gilmour seems about right.

He’d be sensational in Serie A.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
i can see why we’d sell him. doesn’t offer enough defensively and doesn’t offer anything going forward. what he does do very well is retain possession, and is very good at recycling the ball, but i’m not sure how much room there is for a player who doesn’t contribute much in either final third in FH’s system. £12 seems ridiculously low, however. i would say, gruda aside, we probably need to focus on bringing in a few home-grown player is he goes

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Quicker feet and more interested in playing a defence splitting forward pass than any of our other midfielders and you want to take a flight to Italy with him to dump him and eat a f***ing pizza? I guess you’d have some Prosecco with it too? :nono: Oh and a pilots’s licence? In your dreams :lolol:
Another interesting take…..

Awaiting a video from last season covering all of this😂😂
Played a beautiful pass to Undav vs Newcastle, and a decent PL player, just not great for me.

When are you back - I think we’ll have a great chat. 😃

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Doesn't this report/post make it clear that this is the case. "[Billy is] a very important player and at the moment they are not open to listening to offers for him."
Isn’t that the starting point for the vast majority of player sales we make? We’d sabotage our negotiating position from the off if we declared he was surplus to requirements.

What makes this all tough is the fact that he comes across as an extremely decent human being and in the right system (not Hürzeler’s imho) he is a top level midfielder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here