Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Names on the backs of shirts

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
It is when your standing in front of a 14 year old who is 5' nothing at the Liverpool game :lol:
someone told me on the way home :lolol:
didnt realise at the time

shoulda said summat, we coulda swapped seats

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
18, I have my Surname and my favoured number (32) on my back.

Not a virgin either.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Only have a name on the back of my shirt if player deserves it. Used to have Hart for years. Currently have no one on the back of my home shirt, but Buckley on the back of the away, as the green and black is for 2011/2012 only, and he has given me my best moments of the season.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Never been one for replica shirts personally, but got nothing against anyone who likes to sport one.

On the back of a shirt this is marginally acceptable;

. WE 8 PALACE

. The name of a season when Champions (I.E CHAMPIONS 2011)

. A homage to a departed Seagull (I.E RIP CLIVE)

However the following is not acceptable;

. the name of a player if you are aged 13 or above

. your own name, especially a nickname (I.E Johnny Boy) if over the age of 13

. your online username.....this is just beyond horrific. If you do this there is no way back for you.

Thanks for your time.

I have 2 shirts, one my son bought me for my 40th and it has Dad 40 on the back, another comemerative which is blank.

I can understand people who dont want to wear one, fair enough each to their own. But those that choose not to should at least sport the colour blue in some way or another. Even if it's a blue hoody with CHAV on the back.

Jul 20, 2003
I was dangerously close to buying a replica shirt with 'Bergkamp' on the back ..... still might

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
The OP is ridiculous....

Having 'WE 8 PALACE' is far more cringe than any players surname.

(I don't really care, get whatever you like put on whatever shirt you like)

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
If he carries on the way he's going, I hope you love having the shit kicked out of you :)

Most of the Worthing A&E know me by first name. If I don't turn up before middnight with all blood coming out of my head, they call the police.

It's not a night out unless you've got the MRI scans to prove it.

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
Most of the Worthing A&E know me by first name. If I don't turn up before middnight with all blood coming out of my head, they call the police.

It's not a night out unless you've got the MRI scans to prove it.

you can be in my firm any time bruv

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I bought a mint condition BHA centenary shirt from a car boot for a quid a good few years back - the only downside was that it has 'BITCH 1' printed on the back.

Aug 4, 2011
Dont think there is a problem with it? If you cause pointless arquments about names on shirts, then surely you have a lot more to be worried about? Like how dull your life must be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here