Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Names on the backs of shirts

Don Logan

Banned
Feb 21, 2012
Where do I stand then?

Storer 68 was originally dreamt up specifically for as a user name as an homage to a particular moment in BHAFC history and possibly the most importantl goal scored at the late lamented GG, because I wanted neither my own name, nor a current players name. But a tribute to possibly the most important goal ever scored at the Goldstone. And at the time I didn't know if there would be a BHAFC for season 1997-8, or a new ground, let alone a stadium of jaw dropping staggeringness,

Personlly, I don't thnk that "this is just beyond horrific"

Does that make me acceptable or unacceptable?

Your looking into this too much cocker.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't wear current replicas as much as I used to, as I'm quite partial to my Bukta-style retro now, and that doesn't have anything on the back. But in days gone by, yes, I have commited the Cardinal Sin. I have had my username on my back. There I said it.

In my defence, my nickname came about LONG before the WorldWeb Superhighway Interbob / NSC came about. I have been known as 'Easy' since my formative years, because I never say no to anything or anyone.

"Can you get me a cuppa ?" - right-o.
"Fancy putting your hand in this hole ?" - I'll give it a go.
"Lets go to Chipping Ongar" - OK
"Christ look at the state of that, wouldn't touch it with yours" - hmmm

OK, apart from that, some people (mainly at work) took to calling me Easy because my surname is Rider. Easy Rider, geddit ? Genius. As for the 10, well, I just think it fills the number panel out nicely.

Shoot me. Go on.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Last few years I've had -

Virgo
Hart
McLeod
Mayo
El Abd
Forster
Calderon

I'm 41 btw and don't give a f*** if some numpty on an Internet forum takes some kind of offence :wave:

Don Logan

Banned
Feb 21, 2012
Last few years I've had -

Virgo
Hart
McLeod
Mayo
El Abd
Forster
Calderon

I'm 41 btw and don't give a f*** if some numpty on an Internet forum takes some kind of offence :wave:

Certainly not offended by you old boy, I just think it's a bit sad for a fully grown man to wear a shirt idolising someone almost half their age. I'm all for getting behind the lads etc but having their names on my shirt so I can pretend to be them....not for me. It's a bit like going to work in a Batman costume.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Certainly not offended by you old boy, I just think it's a bit sad for a fully grown man to wear a shirt idolising someone almost half their age. I'm all for getting behind the lads etc but having their names on my shirt so I can pretend to be them....not for me. It's a bit like going to work in a Batman costume.

How old are you?

I choose to personalise my shirts rather than have a blank panel on the back, got nothing to do with idolising a player (as you can tell by my McLeod misdemeanour :lol:) but it does mean that if I can get it signed by the player on the back it will be another unique piece of Albion to pass on to my boy in years to come.

Don Logan

Banned
Feb 21, 2012
How old are you?

I choose to personalise my shirts rather than have a blank panel on the back, got nothing to do with idolising a player (as you can tell by my McLeod misdemeanour :lol:) but it does mean that if I can get it signed by the player on the back it will be another unique piece of Albion to pass on to my boy in years to come.

Mate if you want to emulate your heroes who am I to tell you otherwise. Follow your dreams.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
FATBOY SLIM would be good; or FATBOY 0 (SLIM = Size 0)

or just FATBOY ( refreshingly accurate and saves money on numbers/letters)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here