Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nalyor goes on the attack against Knight in the Argus

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The Large One said:
Not totally. I don't agree with the following...

[

That is a pretty drastic re-writing of history. As much as he was there defending McGhee - that much is evident, the other three he certainly didn't mention as an issue at the time, and saying that getting rid of Gritt and Hinshelwood were wrong decisions - I certainly don't remember anyone defending those managers at the time. I don't know - perhaps my memory is deficient. I must admit he is the first person I have heard criticising those decisions - and he is doing that for the first time now. I'm curious as to why that would be.

I think there were many fans like myself were ashamed in the way Steve Gritt had been treated by Dick Knight. And his replacement did not set the world alight did he??

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Large One said:
We had a worse season in 1997/98 than the previous season although that was understandable. Thank f*** for Doncaster Rovers.

We finished 23rd that season, 17th under Horton/Adams. Then 10th in Adams' first full season.

17th was due to wood if horton had stayed we might of got in the play offs

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
William Chops said:
1) cap in hand to the supporters claiming two million to survive, then sell players worth a total greater than 2 million but still claim we are skint.

2) at the time of ITV Digital collapse club claim they are running to a strict budget, and on an even keel. Shortly after this club claim they are running at a huge loss.

The club seem to choose statements to suit their propaganda needs.

1. Alive and Kicking raised a few hundred grand, still a good effort, but nowhere near £2million

2. This is where you confuse me, the club was running to a budget, but that budget included an expectation of operating losses that were being met by the directors. What I think DK meant at the time was that the demise of ITV Digital would not cause the club to go into administration, as some scaremongerers had suggested on NSC at the time.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
kestrel said:
Fans Forum Ist question Liz Costa

Dick I love you you are doing a great job

2nd question Sarah Watts
Dick we all love you

3rd question London Irish
I like dick and you

Someone has just proved they've never been to a Fans Forum. :lolol: :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kinky Gerbils said:
Sadly the club may deny it but they do cherry pick questions

They have no idea what the questioner is going to say when the mike goes under the person's nose.
My mate questioned McGhee about playing Chippy and Hammond together last August and told him that everyone could see it didn't work.
I agree the internet question and answer, is likely to be cherry picked.

Kinky Gerbils said:
At Fans' Forums, I'm always amazed at how many people who have been very critical of the Club on NSC either fail to turn up or turn up and show no interest in saying anything.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:
At Fans' Forums, I'm always amazed at how many people who have been very critical of the Club on NSC either fail to turn up or turn up and show no interest in saying anything.

Thats because the forum is a lickers love in

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
There was one Fans' Forum at Coral's (2003, I think) when, knowing full well that there was going to be hardly NSCers there (NSCers rarely do turn up), I asked on here what questions they would like asked.

I managed to ask just about all of them, and they were all answered.

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The Large One said:
So you don't have anything you'd ever like to ask the club?

We have to remember why the 'ask the club' forum was set up in the first place. Not as a service to NSC but as a way of nipping in the bud dangerous rumours that can occur at times by answering such sensitive qustions.

I guess at a time when more difficult questions are being asked it's not such an attractive proposition for the club

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
rool said:
We have to remember why the 'ask the club' forum was set up in the first place. Not as a service to NSC but as a way of nipping in the bud dangerous rumours that can occur at times by answering such sensitive qustions.

I guess at a time when more difficult questions are being asked it's not such an attractive proposition for the club
True, but I meant about kestrel's opposition to the Fans' Forum. He called it 'a licker's love-in'.

So obviously he's been...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The Large One said:
True, but I meant about kestrel's opposition to the Fans' Forum. He called it 'a licker's love-in'.

So obviously he's been...

I suppose what I also meant without saying it is that you can ask questions direct to the club without waving them about on a public forum.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think thise whole Naylor thing is quite funny really. When he was running the Purdew campaign (sorry reporting on a speculative takeover punt by Health farm magnate Stephen Purdew), he did something similar to this. Ran a few stories weeks in advance, bit of innuendo here. dig there. he then loaded his coup de grace and ran the Purdew story.

Last few weeks, he has been doing the same and has now pulled the trigger. So be it, what he has written, he has written. He's entitled to his opinion, I wish he wouldn't try and dress it up as fact sometimes but there you go. Not going to boycott the Argus over it.

The shock that a chairman may wish to know a team for a forthcoming game. We want to know, the press want to know and so why is it a shock that a chairman might?At least (maybe for legal reasons) he has made it clear that the chairman doesn't try and pick the team.

Ultimately what are our strengths are also our weaknesses. Knight's strengths are attention to detail, being hands on, showing a keen interest and being strong minded and being concerned how money he is responsible for is spent. All the things he is accused of in this article really.

The funniest line is the bit about Adams and how him returning would be a bad thing. Let's be honest Andy, that's not because you want Wilkins to keep his job, it's because when Adams was here he only spoke to you when HE had something he wanted to say.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I admire Knight for what he has done.

But it does come across that every single aspect of the running of the club goes through Mr Knight before anything is done.

And Naylor is right he is in danger for being remembered for all the wrong reasons!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here