Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nadal v soderling... Nadal in trouble.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Nadal hadnt lost a set since 2007 at the french open winning 32 sets in a ROW, and 3 come along at once! :eek:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Id have to begrdingly admit that murray is probably now favorate to reach the Final.

Great tennis player, no doubt, and I realise he's there to win matches, not perform tricks for the waiting media.

But if there's another sportsman on this planet who manages to sound more depressing, dull and disinterested than Murray when it comes to press conferences, I'd like to hear him.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Id have to begrdingly admit that murray is probably now favorate to reach the Final.

gonzalex is a class act on clay and will be slight favourite i reckon! wouldnt'nt underestimate him at all!

so both holders go out in the same day,incredible stuff....isn't their a huge Nadal fan on here? his avater is of nadal? would be interested to hear his views on that one

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Great tennis player, no doubt, and I realise he's there to win matches, not perform tricks for the waiting media.

But if there's another sportsman on this planet who manages to sound more depressing, dull and disinterested than Murray when it comes to press conferences, I'd like to hear him.

yeah but thats just his nature isn't it,it wont change,we have the andy roddicks for the shits and giggles

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
People seem to be ignoring Federer here. He may not have won the French Open previously, but that's largely been down to Nadal's apparent invincibility. He did reach the final last time around, I believe, so he can hardly be called crap on clay.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have just seen this picture on the BBC Sport website. Not sure if it's from today's match, but frankly if Nadal's going around wearing this sort of attire, then he deserves to lose.

What would they make of such colouring at Wimbledon, tsk tsk :D

_45848807_nadalfloor466282ap.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I reckon murray is in with a much, much better chance of winning it now

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Sorry to quote you twice, I don't want to seem to picking on your posts but I actually do have a suggestion for you, Kimi Raikkonen. The most boring sportsman in the world. :lol:

People seem to be ignoring Federer here. He may not have won the French Open previously, but that's largely been down to Nadal's apparent invincibility. He did reach the final last time around, I believe, so he can hardly be called crap on clay.

I, in fact, backed Federer before the tournament began. :thumbsup:

He's lost the last 3 finals I think I'm right in saying (it's either 2 or 3) and this is his year. He beat Nadal on clay in Madrid last week, and he's going to win the French Open before reclaiming Wimbledon and finally being recognised as the greatest of all time.

In case you'd not spotted it, I am a real Federer fan! :clap2:

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry to quote you twice, I don't want to seem to picking on your posts but I actually do have a suggestion for you, Kimi Raikkonen. The most boring sportsman in the world. :lol:

Good call, although he scores points for me for the occasion when Martin Brundle thrust the microphone in his face during one of his pre-race gridwalks and asked him some question or other about watching Michael Schumacher.

To which Raikkonen replied with something to the effect of "I don't know, I was having a shit"

:lolol:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
:cry:

At least Federer now has the chance to win all four of the Grand Slam's in his career, which to be honest he deserves.

Now, come on Roger, you can do it!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
:cry:

At least Federer now has the chance to win all four of the Grand Slam's in his career, which to be honest he deserves.

Now, come on Roger, you can do it!

totally agree,that bloke certaintly deserves it!

i just have some weird hunch that we may see a random final, like gonzalez .v.monfils or maybe davydenko .v. tsonga

perfect final would be fed murray and a 5 set classic

He'll lose to Federer in the final, I'm telling you now. :thumbsup:

But it's brilliant we'll have a new winner of the French this year, great for the sport and good for Nadal too I think, you have to lose at some point!

If it is a Murray Federer final then Murray will win. He will exploit the Federer backhand no end and Federer's serve at the moment is simply not good enough, thus he will not see Murray's returns.

That said I doubt either will be in the final together and I would happily put a tenner on a different final, maybe a Gonzalez v Del Potro or even a french man getting their like Tsonga or Monfils, but only a tenner!

I am coaching on the final day so hopefully i will be able to get to watch it but either way, if there is a Federer v Murray final and Murray loses, I couldn't have wished a better person to take the title.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If it is a Murray Federer final then Murray will win. He will exploit the Federer backhand no end and Federer's serve at the moment is simply not good enough, thus he will not see Murray's returns.

That said I doubt either will be in the final together and I would happily put a tenner on a different final, maybe a Gonzalez v Del Potro or even a french man getting their like Tsonga or Monfils, but only a tenner!

I am coaching on the final day so hopefully i will be able to get to watch it but either way, if there is a Federer v Murray final and Murray loses, I couldn't have wished a better person to take the title.

It's safe to say that Murray has OWNED Federer since the US Open final, and in theory Murray's ability to get every ball back with an attacking shot should be enough to grind Federer down and, as you rightly say, exploit the backhand. But Soderling wasn't meant to have a chance against Nadal, and I honestly think Federer is still better than Murray. I think Federer would beat him in a final, I really do.

But Del Potro is a top shout, he is CLASS. Genuinely talented and a real threat to Djokovic in the rankings, I've little doubt Del Potro will be a Grand Slam winner in the next 2 years, I don't think it'll be this year though. I don't know whose side he's in, but I should think neither Federer nor Murray (for personal reasons!) would look forward to playing him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here