Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nadal v soderling... Nadal in trouble.

larus

If Murray gets further than Federer, he'll be world no 2.

Federer has 1400 point to 'lose' from this, Murray only 150. If you exclude last years French points, Murray's only 200 points behind Federer.

Federer has the experience of the Grand Slams, but Murray will win one soon. I think Murrays game has improved so much, and I have to admire his self-belief even when he's losing. He seems to have found the ability to show his frustration, but not to dwell on it and then re-focus.

The only player/surface combination that I would 'expect' Murray to lose, would be Nadal on clay. Apart from that, I believe he has both the game and the temperament to take anyone on any surface. Whether he wins or not cannot be guaranteed, as so much depends on the day, but IMO, he will be world No1 by the end of next year.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Federer is best bet for the tourney now, and Del Potro a close 2nd. From the top half of the draw, Gonzo looks good.

The intriguing part of Nadal v Soderling is they have previous; watch this video of Soderling mimicking Nadal's supposed timewasting at Wimbledon. Nadal NOT a happy camper.

YouTube - Soderling imitates Nadal

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If Murray gets further than Federer, he'll be world no 2.

Federer has 1400 point to 'lose' from this, Murray only 150. If you exclude last years French points, Murray's only 200 points behind Federer.

Federer has the experience of the Grand Slams, but Murray will win one soon. I think Murrays game has improved so much, and I have to admire his self-belief even when he's losing. He seems to have found the ability to show his frustration, but not to dwell on it and then re-focus.

The only player/surface combination that I would 'expect' Murray to lose, would be Nadal on clay. Apart from that, I believe he has both the game and the temperament to take anyone on any surface. Whether he wins or not cannot be guaranteed, as so much depends on the day, but IMO, he will be world No1 by the end of next year.

Word. Murrays progression in the last year has been quite stunning. Must if it, I think, down to the winter training he nows does - all those miles on the track, which I gather he hates - his stamina is now superb. I was a bit worried when he let Brad Gilbert go - I thought mabe he was going to surround himself with a possee, but he now has a terrific team around him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here