Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nadal v Murray

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I suspect the happiest person right now- outside the Murray family at least- is Roger Federer.

On current form, Murray is well capable of beating him, but given the choice, I'd bet Federer would rather play him than Nadal, who seems to have the Indian sign over him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:spit: !Hijo de puta!

The gold medal winning Olympians might as well not have bothered, the BBC can start engraving the Sports Personality of the Year trophy now, such is the power of the tennis set...

They are going to struggle this year, if he does win tomorrow!

To think Beckham and Owen won it for pretty much nothing and now we have a whole glut of medal winners and a potential grand slam winner....!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that he is on court against Federer in under 23 hours!!

Federers had his problems this fortnight and has seen this situation countless times before.

Murray in his first grand slam final will not let this opportunity pass and adrenoline should see him through. Greg Rusedski is predicting an Andy win in 3/4 sets and so am I :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that he is on court against Federer in under 23 hours!!

Spot on !

Good luck Murray. Win or lose tomorrow he's done himself proud already.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's a fact that a British tennis player only has to scrape into the quarter final of a big event to feature heavily in the SPOTY voting, due to the demographic of the BBC voters. Murray reaching a grand slam final virtually guarantees him a place on the podium, regardless of the efforts of Chris Hoy et al.

In fairness, it's probably deserved, particularly to come back so well after being anihilated by Nadal at Wimbledon.

I would imagine Sue Barker has quite literally just wet herself with excitement. At least it'll help her get over this week's news about Cliff Richard's special friend.
:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here