Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

myfootballclub.co.uk

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Was posted about a week ago, think it's a fraud though as you can't really own a football team.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It was featured on Soccer AM last Saturday, not a con it is genuine.

Supporters Direct are trying to find out more information about this but at the least it seems that £7.50 per member per year is to be tajen for admin costs for the orgnisation. That means a cool 375000 pounds per year on admin, not the admin of the club itself but the admin of myfootballclub.

Additionally the idea is to use a vehicle called an Industrial and Provident society to buy the club. If this ips were to then use voting to influence club matters it could possibly come into the same realm as west ham and the 'outsiders' influence.

It's a con, simple.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Wait a minute - he wants 50,000 registees (?) to pay £35 each and is hoping to buy the club for £1,375,000.

the rest of the money goes to memberships fees - ie paying for his house!

Secondly - if the club bought is, say, Leeds (currently favourite) then how would i get to have a valid opinion on who should play in each position if i never get to see them play?

if this ever gets off the ground (which i do not think it will) in 5 years time the team is guaranteed to be playing 5 leagues lower than they do now Therefore your £175 investment (it's an annual fee) would probably be worth about 38 pence.
great idea.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
readingstockport said:
It's been featured on lots of things. Thats means absolutley jack shit.

It's a con.

Whoa..easy tiger.

Not trying to have a go at you Bevendean but the problem is that this thing is gaining credibility because people aren't asking this person any serious questions. As Normal points out you would struggle to buy Crawley town for 1 milloin and if this joker is seriously going to take £7.50 as is reported per member PER YEAR in admin costs there's only one person or rganisation that stands to gain from it. If you want to own your club get organised and form a supporters trust. Then you may stand a chance of really owning your own club. :)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
readingstockport said:
Not trying to have a go at you Bevendean but the problem is that this thing is gaining credibility because people aren't asking this person any serious questions. As Normal points out you would struggle to buy Crawley town for 1 milloin and if this joker is seriously going to take £7.50 as is reported per member PER YEAR in admin costs there's only one person or rganisation that stands to gain from it. If you want to own your club get organised and form a supporters trust. Then you may stand a chance of really owning your own club. :)

Fair enough. :)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Normal Rob said:
Wait a minute - he wants 50,000 registees (?) to pay £35 each and is hoping to buy the club for £1,375,000.

the rest of the money goes to memberships fees - ie paying for his house!

Secondly - if the club bought is, say, Leeds (currently favourite) then how would i get to have a valid opinion on who should play in each position if i never get to see them play?

if this ever gets off the ground (which i do not think it will) in 5 years time the team is guaranteed to be playing 5 leagues lower than they do now Therefore your £175 investment (it's an annual fee) would probably be worth about 38 pence.
great idea.
surley everyone would want a difrent football team, and what if at the end the owner of the team wishing to be purchased wouldnt sell

although if we all chpped in £35 to get palace we could go to see them playing in confrence south:lolol:

readingstockport said:
Additionally the idea is to use a vehicle called an Industrial and Provident society to buy the club. If this ips were to then use voting to influence club matters it could possibly come into the same realm as west ham and the 'outsiders' influence.
I'm not sure that the influence of the IPS would be the same sort of 'outside' influence that applies in the West Ham case. The IPS members would be the owners of the Club and could influence its affairs quite legitimately.

Where I think the whole thing falls down is the suggestion that members of the IPS could exercise control over the day to day decisions of the Club - like team selection, transfer decisions, etc.

The Rules of an IPS normally require due processes to apply to decisions made by members. It's normally necessary for a properly convened meeting to take place before any 'decision' is taken. Polls on internet forums are unlikely to qualify, within the rules of the IPS (that have to be registered with the FSA).

It's also EXTREMELY unlikely that any Team Manager would ever accept a contract of employment that took away his authority to take the decisions necessary to do his job. People don't work like that. And I speak as someone who is both an employee (in a management capacity) of an IPS and the Company Secretary of that IPS.

Last edited:

Lord Bracknell said:
I'm not sure that the influence of the IPS would be the same sort of 'outside' influence that applies in the West Ham case. The IPS members would be the owners of the Club and could influence its affairs quite legitimately.

Where I think the whole thing falls down is the suggestion that members of the IPS could exercise control over the day to day decisions of the Club - like team selection, transfer decisions, etc.

The Rules of an IPS normally require due processes to apply to decisions made by members. It's normally necessary for a properly convened meeting to take place before any 'decision' is taken. Polls on internet forums are unlikely to qualify, within the rules of the IPS (that have to be registered with the FSA).

It's also EXTREMELY unlikely that any Team Manager would ever accept a contract of employment that took away his authority to take the decisions necessary to do his job. People don't work like that. And I speak as someone who is both an employee (in a management capacity) of an IPS and the Company Secretary of that IPS.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

I bow to your puperior knowledge on this then your lordship. I was essentially repeating concerns that have been raised on the supporters direct mailing list over this affair.

And I haven't got round to thinking about the risks to the employment rights of players that are inherent in the proposals for team selection. Who would play for such a team?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Unless I'm wrong, there's a team in the French leagues run exactly this way...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here