Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

myfootballclub.co.uk

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
My guess is that when they eventually decide to buy Southwick, most people who have registered simply won't pay up. If even 1000 people DO pay their £35, the scheme will still go tits up. However, they won't get their "Admin" fee back - so the scheme has made £7500 for the price of a web site (less than £100). I must try it sometime.

Almost forgot to mention, www.clubsincrisis.com gets an awful lot of hits from people searching Google for "football clubs for sale". These people probably have tapped into a massive interest.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Now up to 32,000 registrations, Brighton still 5th. Leeds and Forest ahead but not realistic targets.

I agree that only a fraction of the 50,000 will be prepared to pay, so I don't know what will happen but it would be an interesting experiment to see in operation for a non-league team with potential like Crawley.

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
They have now reached 53,000 members and are taking payments now. Apprently they are in talks with four clubs from league 2 and the conference, and EA Sports have lined up a "significant investment" to help with the takeover!

Blimey :eek: :eek:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6914775.stm

Quite agree with most anti-comments on here. This thing's never going to be a success. He's nothing more than a publicity-seeker. Loads of people I know just signed up to this like they do for spam and have no real intention of injecting real cash. And as for taking over OUR club, they can f*** off, where were they when Archer sold the Goldstone etc? Now we're getting Falmer it's suddenly become attractive.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
"Currently, Leeds is the club members would most like to take over, followed by Cambridge United, Nottingham Forest, Accrington Stanley, Barnet and Brighton."

I trust our board will laugh in their faces.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Isn't this what NSC does? In other words suggest manager and player changes and criticise (positively and negatively) team and player performance. Its just in this case you pay a relatively small amount of money in exchange for a vote which will decide the above.

Assuming all the legal things hang together it sounds like a good experiment to me for relatively little individual outlay. As long as they don't experiment on B&HA that is.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Especially not when they appear to have had their PayPal Security Certificate withdrawn...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just got this (note I have not given them any cash)...

Dear Darren,

This newsletter is being sent to all of the 53,051 signed up to MyFootballClub. To keep you up to date with things, here’s the latest news...

9 football clubs
Nine club owners have now approached MyFootballClub. Negotiations are ongoing and the takeover team will find the best possible deal for members.

71 countries
MyFootballClub is truly global, with members coming from 71 different countries. Our oldest member is 87 and the average age is 27.

Phase 3 features
Last Tuesday we added new functionality and design in preparation for the club-operating site. This includes being able to rate forum posts and a system for members to submit articles.

£700,000 in 11 weeks
In just 11 weeks, members have contributed over £700,000 towards buying a football club.

Darren, if you are yet to complete your membership, please join the many thousands who have.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Currently we are 8th, behind Leeds United, Cambridge United, Nottingham Forest, Accrington Stanley, Halifax Town, Barnet, and the mighty York City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here