Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My right foot (Freaky Picture attached)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Are you Eduardo in dusguise?

Oh! And you cant park there mate, double yellows!

p.s. WTF happened? I guess a bike accident, forks, engine casings, but were you riding or pedestrian?

I was on my bike going north on Sackville Rd, A fiesta drove into me I went flying into the NW barriers bike followed. New railings there just for me as they had to cut away two!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
So you have a vague recollection of roughly when the incident occured! :lolol:

Incredible mate, incredible. I can't begin to imagine the mental aspect of a recovery from that sort of injury. I do have one question though. Who on earth took the picture?!

The police, they gave me the polaroid after.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Here it is. Do I win? Note the toes almost touching the knee.

Holy shit:eek::eek::eek: was that after a motorbike accident or something similar? I think I can see remains of a bike and double yellow lines in the background?

@ifyouhatepalacestandup, much respect to you sir, my dad has the same scars after his triple bypass a few back, the surgeon who did the op was a god with his stitching, the scars are very clean and not that noticeable..

Here's a good one of my mate who's a plumber and dropped a porcelain shower tray on his leg at work a few weeks ago, not pretty at all...

IMG_86341.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Holy shit:eek::eek::eek: was that after a motorbike accident or something similar? I think I can see remains of a bike and double yellow lines in the background?

@ifyouhatepalacestandup, much respect to you sir, my dad has the same scars after his triple bypass a few back, the surgeon who did the op was a god with his stitching, the scars are very clean and not that noticeable..

Here's a good one of my mate who's a plumber and dropped a porcelain shower tray on his leg at work a few weeks ago, not pretty at all...

IMG_86341.jpg

That's similar to El-abd's injury at St Marys a couple of years ago.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
f***ing ouch! Hope you get back somewhere near to normal life one day. f***ing cage drivers.

TBH It's not to bad now and about as good as it will get and importantly it's there, I'm alive and I can stand in the North Stand for 90mins and have a gentle kick about in the park on a Sunday with the NSC 11.

I blame the fact it doesn't fully extend downwards for my footballing abilty. :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've seen some absolute CRACKERS in my job, frequently on bikers unfortunately.

A couple of weeks ago I was stood next to one in hospital when they told him they were about to clean out the very large wound on his leg. You've never heard screaming like it :lolol:

Men, you see. Low pain threshold :D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The police, they gave me the polaroid after.

We do like to keep records :D

Out of interest- if you don't mind me asking- was anyone prosecuted over your accident?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
i feel sick well pretty faint lol, my misses comes back from works and googles things to show me she has seen that day. :/

I would post a pic of my Knee when it dislocated (my mates took a pic wtf), but i cant seem to find it. Just one of the bruising after

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
We do like to keep records :D

Out of interest- if you don't mind me asking- was anyone prosecuted over your accident?

I didn't press charges it was a filter light for him and he didn't see me, he was rather elderly and felt terrible nearly killing someone he got his car scrapped and never drove again it was dark and he had been moved from his job in hove to one in Worthing and was thinking about that blah blah actually a genuine accident he still send me Christmas cards and birthday now.

Accidents happen and I know how I'd feel in his situation.

His insurance kindly paid out mind :)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
So I was playing 6 a side last night and got caught with a very firm but fair tackle. I knew it was a bit off but didn't think much of it until I got home and had a look. See attached picture....

(I changed the thread title, to stop unsuspecting people claiming to be shocked and unwarned)

I did the same thing 5 months ago blocking a shot. My ankle looked exactly like yours (still abnormal size now though compared to the left) and they said I had torn the ligaments / tendons etc away from the bone and had a hairline fracture. Been through physio and only just starting to play again now. Hope yours clears up fairly quick....

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I didn't press charges it was a filter light for him and he didn't see me, he was rather elderly and felt terrible nearly killing someone he got his car scrapped and never drove again it was dark and he had been moved from his job in hove to one in Worthing and was thinking about that blah blah actually a genuine accident he still send me Christmas cards and birthday now.

Accidents happen and I know how I'd feel in his situation.

His insurance kindly paid out mind :)

It's a shame everyone doesn't have that kind of attitude, a lot of people in this world just think about the money and has given rise to the multi million pound "where there's blame there's a claim" culture we have now...

shame there isn't more people like you in this world who are honest and don't try to fleece others out of their money.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Thing was, when AeA sustained this injury, he's gone, 'Just stick a plaster on it Malcolm, and let me get back out there!...' :rolleyes:

AeA.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here