Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My right foot (Freaky Picture attached)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My right foot, and other assorted injury pictures (Graphic, this is fair warning)

So I was playing 6 a side last night and got caught with a very firm but fair tackle. I knew it was a bit off but didn't think much of it until I got home and had a look. See attached picture....

(I changed the thread title, to stop unsuspecting people claiming to be shocked and unwarned)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341943327390.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341943327390.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Is it sore? I'm asking 'cause my granny had a sore tooth once and they
had to remove it. Not sure if it's the same procedure with sore feet but...

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
What are we looking at? If it's the bulbous right side of your ankle, my left looks exactly the same, as I sprained it out walking on the Downs the week before last :cry:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Go to the hospital right now and they'll only have to cut it off to the knee. If you leave it any longer it'll be the whole leg.

Seriously, I did that to my ankle when I fell over at a kids party, chasing a balloon in the garden. Felt like a right plonker I can tell you.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:lolol: Wonderful responses.

I did the same thing to my left ankle earlier in the year, I overstretched to score a goal and went over on the ankle quite badly. It swelled up almost straight away in pretty much exactly the same way this one has. It's not pretty, but it could have been a lot worse. Stay safe out there, kids.

[MENTION=13422]willyfantastic[/MENTION], there really was no way I was playing today!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Ouch. You'll have to have a beer and pizza it's the only way to heal it.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
NE its your lucky day I just done a first aid course.

Can you stick a pin in the bulge 1st and tell me what the liquid smells and looks like. I will then let you know the treatment you need. About 1 inch deep should do.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It's more or less identical to mine - I blocked a shot and it swelled up like a sprain. Bruising after a couple of days was absolutely biblical, spread to my sole and up my calf and shin and my toes went black. Think it's called bursitis, where the fluid around the joint gets burst and swells up like crazy, it can be caused by heavy impacts. Takes about a fortnight to a month to heal, would recommend RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) at every available opportunity, even a week or more later, if the swelling still hasn't gone down. And don't do what I did and play the next week anyway, it really isn't a bright idea.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's more or less identical to mine - I blocked a shot and it swelled up like a sprain. Bruising after a couple of days was absolutely biblical, spread to my sole and up my calf and shin and my toes went black. Think it's called bursitis, where the fluid around the joint gets burst and swells up like crazy, it can be caused by heavy impacts. Takes about a fortnight to a month to heal, would recommend RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) at every available opportunity, even a week or more later, if the swelling still hasn't gone down. And don't do what I did and play the next week anyway, it really isn't a bright idea.

Happy Birthday pal. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice, been doing all those things. Ironically, I literally just had a conversation with the captain of my regular team on sundays and said I'd be fine to play. Ambitious.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
We holding auditions here for "American ware wolf in Brighton "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here