Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My question to the 'Adams Out' Brigade

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
There are plenty of good managers available. Ian Holloway to name one.
Adams should really be worried but Uncle Dick will never in a million years sack him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
With his payoffs from other clubs Adams is probably quite comfortable. If he is a decent man he should fall on his sword and resign.

DK should then ring Danny Wilson who was his first choice for the job before Mark Mcghee.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's not the German way, what with your "constructive votes of no-confidence":thumbsup:

I do the criticism but tend to out-source the answers these days :D

Dandyman

In London village.
Just to be difficult what if we think we are shit at the moment but DON'T think sacking the manager is the solution?

I've always understood that Adams replaced Wilkins because the board did not think enough people were coming through the gate. IMO Adams needs to demonstrate that there is a clear plan on how we are going to getting out of the current mess and then be given a timescale to achieve it by, preferably with some important milestones along the way. Rather like running a business...

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
I do find this a tad of an over reaction. Why on earth would we sack a manager who was awarded a 3 year contract after 11 games?? it makes no sense whatsoever for any party for that to happen.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I have to say i was so chuffed when they got rid of Wilkins and got Adams back. Despite how well wilkins did there was always the question of his man management skills with a few players claiming this for their reasons for leaving and also i thought the magic of Adams would return and everything would be great again. Maybe i was wrong!!!!
Now to be honest i feel a bit let down by Adams, he dosnt seem to be the manager he was when he first came, building a strong team who worked for each other and played good football with it and above all got results. This time he dosnt seem to have that effect and cant seem to read the game like he used to.
Dont honestly think we will get relegated but wont get promoted either. Think we should stick with him....can we afford to keep sacking managers...no, otherwise no manager in their right mind will ever want to come here.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I have to say i was so chuffed when they got rid of Wilkins and got Adams back. Despite how well wilkins did there was always the question of his man management skills with a few players claiming this for their reasons for leaving and also i thought the magic of Adams would return and everything would be great again. Maybe i was wrong!!!!
Now to be honest i feel a bit let down by Adams, he dosnt seem to be the manager he was when he first came, building a strong team who worked for each other and played good football with it and above all got results. This time he dosnt seem to have that effect and cant seem to read the game like he used to.
Dont honestly think we will get relegated but wont get promoted either. Think we should stick with him....can we afford to keep sacking managers...no, otherwise no manager in their right mind will ever want to come here.

Can you tell me the players that left because of Wilkins?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
that's what i've been thinking. Is Wilkins in the same situation as McGhee and Booker who continued to be paid as long as they kept their mouths shut and didn't take another job? Ian Chapman has been pretty quiet too.

I doubt we could afford another new manager given the cost of getting rid of adams, brooker (again), white, plus everyone else who sits in the dugout, and bringing in a whole new management team, plus the players they want.

DK has tried to keep it in the family, perhaps Paul Samrah could be next manager with Liz Costa and Sarah Watts as him back room team - wouldn't DK be happy then cos he could pick a team to include include watson, butters, oatway, rodgers, mayo, hart - all of whom are still on the payroll.

Is Wilkins in the same situation as McGhee and Booker who continued to be paid as long as they kept their mouths shut and didn't take another job? Ian Chapman has been pretty quiet too

Thankyou another fan that can see it for what it is :thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
steve_cotterill_300x300.jpg

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Unfortunate pose

:safeway2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont see the point in sacking Adams. What exactly will it achieve?

Where I think we have missed a trick is by bringing back so many people who had left the club and moved on, Bob Booker, Paul watson Kerry Mayo, garry hart.....

Personally I think Adams is here for the long haul to Falmer and we are going to have to get used to it. I just dont understand why he brings players here on loan and then only gives them half a game. Whats the point?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The point, is to accomodate Adam Virgo at centre-forward / right wing. Keep up at the back, Dave.

Don't forget that Virgo is also a better right back than Whing apparently. :shootself

Yep there are a lot of players in our squad who must be looking to hom for advise on how to play their position; Whing, Thomson, Anyinsah, Thornton, Cox ......

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Can you tell me the players that left because of Wilkins?

I think O'Callaghan, Paul Reid and a couple of others have all slated Wilkins man management skills...not saying that was the only reason they left etc but do recall it seemed they all had the same thing to say about that subject.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I thought Micky had said that the fitness of some of the loan players wasn't up to scratch. Which might explain why they're not starting games.

No.

Its to accomodate Virgo.

Remember the velvet bag is back.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I dont see the point in sacking Adams. What exactly will it achieve?
Nothing, in fact it will damage the club. The new guy will know he must produce immediate results or he'll be out on his ear as well. Consequently if he (or HIS successor) does achieve any success they'll be looking to move on at the first opportunity rather than risk getting sacked by a fickle and panicking board who'll over-react at the first bad run. Successful clubs have continuity and stability and don't behave like headless chickens. The board made a mistake sacking Wilkins when and how they did; they surely won't compound it by sacking Adams unless things get REALLY bad, i.e. relegation.

You wait and see. In six months' time we'll all look back at this period and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Hopefully

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here