Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My PS3 has a YELLOW LIGHT!!!!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Exciting! I would do the same with my Xbox360 but unfortunately it can't do that, all it has is free Sky TV, an amazing online service and sickeningly good games line up. Oh well, just have to make do I suppose.

I'm fully aware that I am being very annoying today.

Are you looking forward to watching all those brand new, as of yet unreleased, HD-DVD films on your Xbox?

I hear that Transformers 2 will be awesome in....oh wait Blu Ray :lolol:

Yoda

English & European
I've heard about this YLOD, so I took out the £45 warranty for an extra 2 years on top of the years manufacturers on my lovely shiney 80g jobbie.
As an aside, I discovered a NIFTY way the PS3 cleans itself from the inside. If you switch it on at the back whilst holding down the 'eject' button, it activates an internal fan for about 30 seconds which BLASTS the dust out. And its LOUD like a HOOVER ! Course, this might be common knowledge amongst hardened PS3-ers, but it was news to me.

£45 for an extra two years warranty on a KNOWN problem that affects a lot more than the 1% Sony will let on to? :eek: When Xbox is 3 FREE years for same problem.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Are you looking forward to watching all those brand new, as of yet unreleased, HD-DVD films on your Xbox?

I hear that Transformers 2 will be awesome in....oh wait Blu Ray :lolol:

I'll just download HD movies straight onto my Xbox hard drive.

Actually I probably won't bother, I'm too busy using Sky Movies (over 400 movies available within first week) and Sky Sports on my Xbox.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not looking for an argument but have a genuine question, why is X-Box live so good? I don't bother with online play on my PS3 at all but I don't see how one can be better than the other? What extras do Microsoft offer?

The whole way the system is set up means for much more fun and competitive gaming. The use of gamerscore means you will go back to games time and again to try and get those extra few points, and compete with mates for highest scores.

Xbox360 games receive free updates that PS3 games do not. There is also optional downloadable content (extra episodes of Grand Theft Auto, etc) that are unavailable to other consoles.

There is the whole Xbox Live Arcade area, which is full of fantastic games at lower prices that you can download straight to the console. They're backward releasing on this as well so any popular old Sega or Nintendo games are becoming available here and again you can compete against or with your mates on them.

There is also FaceBook, Last.Fm, Twitter and plenty more. I honestly don't know which of those 3 PS3 has. I know PS3 has BBC iPlayer which is well good, and on it's way to Xbox360 shortly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£45 for an extra two years warranty on a KNOWN problem that affects a lot more than the 1% Sony will let on to? :eek: When Xbox is 3 FREE years for same problem.

Thats because ALL X-Boxes go wrong, so the 3 year warranty is ESSENTIAL.
Wheras I doubt I'll even use mine.

I'll just download HD movies straight onto my Xbox hard drive.

Actually I probably won't bother, I'm too busy using Sky Movies (over 400 movies available within first week) and Sky Sports on my Xbox.

Which you are paying subscriptions for.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thats because ALL X-Boxes go wrong, so the 3 year warranty is ESSENTIAL.
Whereas I doubt I'll even use mine.

Xbox 360 failure rate - 27%
PS3 - 10%

So not quite as people make out.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The whole way the system is set up means for much more fun and competitive gaming. The use of gamerscore means you will go back to games time and again to try and get those extra few points, and compete with mates for highest scores.

Xbox360 games receive free updates that PS3 games do not. There is also optional downloadable content (extra episodes of Grand Theft Auto, etc) that are unavailable to other consoles.

There is the whole Xbox Live Arcade area, which is full of fantastic games at lower prices that you can download straight to the console. They're backward releasing on this as well so any popular old Sega or Nintendo games are becoming available here and again you can compete against or with your mates on them.

There is also FaceBook, Last.Fm, Twitter and plenty more. I honestly don't know which of those 3 PS3 has. I know PS3 has BBC iPlayer which is well good, and on it's way to Xbox360 shortly.

PS3 games gets updates free as well I believe. Well every now and then when I go to play a game it spends a minute or 2 "updating files".

You can also buy old games such as Sim City and Worms etc. Don't think there will be Ninento games though?

PS3 has the Internet so you can go on whatever website you like, doesn't have any Flash player however, so not all website content is viewable.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
PS3 games gets updates free as well I believe. Well every now and then when I go to play a game it spends a minute or 2 "updating files".

You can also buy old games such as Sim City and Worms etc. Don't think there will be Ninento games though?

PS3 has the Internet so you can go on whatever website you like, doesn't have any Flash player however, so not all website content is viewable.

To be honest I know this isn't one, but I can't be bothered binfesting about this anymore.

They're both quality consoles. I prefer Xbox360, others prefer PS3.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Xbox 360 failure rate - 27%
PS3 - 10%

So not quite as people make out.

Thats just for the first week of ownership though.
97% of all X-Boxes fail after 12 months. Whereas the 90% of PS3's which survive that first week will go on for at LEAST 9 years trouble-free ownership.

Don't bother arguing. This is already proven FACT.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
97% of all X-Boxes fail after 12 months. Whereas the 90% of PS3's which survive that first week will go on for at LEAST 9 years trouble-free ownership.

:lol:

Shame on me for ALMOST biting for a second there...

:guns: :jester:

Yoda

English & European

How can that be proven fact when the PS3 hasn't been out for 9 years yet? ???

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
To be honest I know this isn't one, but I can't be bothered binfesting about this anymore.

They're both quality consoles. I prefer Xbox360, others prefer PS3.

Hooray PS3 has won!!!

Only joking - agree it's time to end this "argument".......... Well for a month or so until someone kicks it all off again anyways.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hooray PS3 has won!!!

Only joking - agree it's time to end this "argument".......... Well for a month or so until someone kicks it all off again anyways.

Silly, isn't it? Something will set me off I'm sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here