Xbox online service = monthly subscription
Playstation Network = Free

Xbox = Regular breakdowns
PS3 = Breakdowns occasionally

Xbox = smelly piece of cheese
PS3 = lovely shiny black box of pleasure

:thumbsup:

This comment ends the binfest i feel :yahoo:

My model is the 40gb and they don't make those any more so hopefully i will get a 60gb/80gb replacement

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hmm let me think...

Xbox online service = monthly subscription
Playstation Network = Free

Xbox = Regular breakdowns
PS3 = Breakdowns occasionally

Xbox = smelly piece of cheese
PS3 = lovely shiny black box of pleasure

:thumbsup:

Hmm let me think...

Xbox online service = Industry leader
Playstation network = hahahaha

Xbox games line up = unrivalled.
Playstation line up = hahaha

Xbox price = fantastic
Playstation price = sorry.....WHAT?! for those games?! aaahahahaa, no seriously....how much is it really?..........

I think THAT ends the binfest.

bhafc22

Feb 21, 2009
Market Harborough - Midlands
Hmm let me think...

Xbox price = fantastic
Playstation price = sorry.....WHAT?! for those games?! aaahahahaa, no seriously....how much is it really?..........

*sigh*
again
http://bugtraq.ru/library/underground/.keep/trolls.feed.jpg

this is a ps3 topic, about his ps3 breaking, nothing to do with the 360, perhaps its your insecurity about your own purchase that makes you post in these threads :dunce:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
*sigh*
again
http://bugtraq.ru/library/underground/.keep/trolls.feed.jpg

this is a ps3 topic, about his ps3 breaking, nothing to do with the 360, perhaps its your insecurity about your own purchase that makes you post in these threads :dunce:

Sorry, I didn't realise NSC topics weren't allowed to stray even slightly off topic.

Yeah, I'm very insecure about Xbox currently RAPING PS3s in hardware and software sales, and the fact it is general consensus that Xbox has won the console war.

Still, carry on.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Ten months after I bought a 60gb PS3 it developed the YLOD. I rang Sony, who politely apologised, admitted it was a known fault affecting less than 1% of the consoles and sent a courier, the next day!, to replace it - with a reconditioned unit, that they promised me was 'as good as new'.
Just over a year later, this 'good as new' machine also has developed the Yellow Light Of Death. This time Sony aren't so helpful. They're insisting I pay £140 for ANOTHER reconditioned machine. I'm not having it. Its a known fault of less than 1% of their machines, so they can replace this one too.
Waiting for a manager to ring me back .... zzzzzz ......:rolleyes:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ten months after I bought a 60gb PS3 it developed the YLOD. I rang Sony, who politely apologised, admitted it was a known fault affecting less than 1% of the consoles and sent a courier, the next day!, to replace it - with a reconditioned unit, that they promised me was 'as good as new'.
Just over a year later, this 'good as new' machine also has developed the Yellow Light Of Death. This time Sony aren't so helpful. They're insisting I pay £140 for ANOTHER reconditioned machine. I'm not having it. Its a known fault of less than 1% of their machines, so they can replace this one too.

I like the fact Sony blatantly LIED to you on the phone. 1% failure rate is MILES off. The fact that BOTH of your consoles have gone down would argue this point alone.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

this problem was on watchdog a few weeks ago, there are people who can repair it for about 25 quid (i remember the cause being something to do with gas being trapped inside one of the boards or something), the long and short of it is it can be repaired in about half hour or so plus you don't lose any game data or anything off of your hard drive

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've heard about this YLOD, so I took out the £45 warranty for an extra 2 years on top of the years manufacturers on my lovely shiney 80g jobbie.
As an aside, I discovered a NIFTY way the PS3 cleans itself from the inside. If you switch it on at the back whilst holding down the 'eject' button, it activates an internal fan for about 30 seconds which BLASTS the dust out. And its LOUD like a HOOVER ! Course, this might be common knowledge amongst hardened PS3-ers, but it was news to me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope. £240 (including 2 games and a HDMI cable)
£17 on a DVD remote
£45 warranty

Ooh, and I found a blu-ray player in there as well, for FREE !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nope. £240 (including 2 games and a HDMI cable)
£17 on a DVD remote
£45 warranty

Ooh, and I found a blu-ray player in there as well, for FREE !

Wasn't free lad, otherwise your PS3 would've been a reasonable price, ie - around £180 in today's climate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, £60 for a high spec blu-ray player is an absolute BARGAIN in my book.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I've heard about this YLOD, so I took out the £45 warranty for an extra 2 years on top of the years manufacturers on my lovely shiney 80g jobbie.
As an aside, I discovered a NIFTY way the PS3 cleans itself from the inside. If you switch it on at the back whilst holding down the 'eject' button, it activates an internal fan for about 30 seconds which BLASTS the dust out. And its LOUD like a HOOVER ! Course, this might be common knowledge amongst hardened PS3-ers, but it was news to me.

That sounds like fun, must try that when I get home!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That sounds like fun, must try that when I get home!!

Exciting! I would do the same with my Xbox360 but unfortunately it can't do that, all it has is free Sky TV, an amazing online service and sickeningly good games line up. Oh well, just have to make do I suppose.

I'm fully aware that I am being very annoying today.

houlio

May 9, 2008
watchdog had a whole piece on this a few weeks ago. maybe if you contact them you will get more joy if they can put all their weight behind you?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Exciting! I would do the same with my Xbox360 but unfortunately it can't do that, all it has is free Sky TV, an amazing online service and sickeningly good games line up. Oh well, just have to make do I suppose.

I'm fully aware that I am being very annoying today.

Free Sky TV?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Hmm let me think...

Xbox price = fantastic

I have both a 360 and a PS3 and I consider the PS3 to be superior. Most games these days come out for both machines and the PS3 has the all important blu-ray player.

Xbox live is a better service, but I only need the ability to play the games online, I'm not bothered about the other stuff much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here