Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My PS3 has a YELLOW LIGHT!!!!

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Was playing Resi 5 yesterday and my ps3 just shut down on it's own. I turned it back on and the light went green:clap2:thenYELLOW:angry:! Bought it from game 2 years ago with a 3 year warranty so i will get repaired or replaced within a week or so.
Anyone else had this problem or heard much about it before? Most annoying! She looks so sad there lifeless (my ps3 that is):shootself

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
[yt]OmLlvRtpHrA[/yt]

[yt]YvWvTtkuxtE&feature=fvw[/yt]

[yt]kkL95_9AuRg&feature=related[/yt]

At lest yours is in warranty, lucky Id say.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course, only Xbox360's break...

...oops.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
That looks v.complicated. I have the 3 year warranty luckily but i nearly attempted to fix it myself but glad i didn't if it needed to be taken apart like that

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Had the same problem about a year ago. Phoned Sony customer service & they sent me a new one by courier who took the old one away in the box the new one came in.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
None of my friends have had this problem which makes it all the more frustrating! If i didn't get my 3 yr warranty i would have had to pay £150 for a repair!!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Never heard of a PS3 dying before, not as indestructable as first thought! Still a lot more reliable than Xboxs though.

Go on Amazon and look at the reviews. Tonnes of PS3's with problems, but the important thing is how the problem is dealt with;

In the average 360 instance, your problem is dealt with remarkably quickly, and you are supplied in certain cases with a brand spanking new machine, plus 3-6 months of free xBox LIVE (an online system Sony can only dream of).

In the average PS3 instance, (again going on stories from Amazon of actual PS3 users' experiences) they are charged £145 or above for repair, on in certain cases Sony simply don't care at all about your problems, and say there's nothing they can do.

So I'll take the 360's 32.5% failure rate thank you very much, because it doesn't inconvenience me in the slightest.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
But.....the PS3 is the most reliable machine ever..how can it break?

And it's got a blu ray player.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
I would still definitely say ps3 has much better reliability over the xbox. Everyone i know who has an xbox has had the red light but i am the only poor sole to have the yellow light out of every ps3 owner i know. Tis a sad day...

bhafc22

Feb 21, 2009
Market Harborough - Midlands
Go on Amazon and look at the reviews. Tonnes of PS3's with problems, but the important thing is how the problem is dealt with;

In the average 360 instance, your problem is dealt with remarkably quickly, and you are supplied in certain cases with a brand spanking new machine, plus 3-6 months of free xBox LIVE (an online system Sony can only dream of).

In the average PS3 instance, (again going on stories from Amazon of actual PS3 users' experiences) they are charged £145 or above for repair, on in certain cases Sony simply don't care at all about your problems, and say there's nothing they can do.

So I'll take the 360's 32.5% failure rate thank you very much, because it doesn't inconvenience me in the slightest.

http://bugtraq.ru/library/underground/.keep/trolls.feed.jpg

anyway, a friend of mine had his ps3 do this, it seems to be mostly 60gb models, and sony were fine with him, he even told them he was out of warranty, they were helpful and polite, tried to help him fix it himself, and then when it didnt work, arranged a replacement of the ps3 and the game inside, both arrived perfectly.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Had the same problem about a year ago. Phoned Sony customer service & they sent me a new one by courier who took the old one away in the box the new one came in.

Exactly. I phoned in my problem on a sunday, and my new one came free of charge on the tuesday. Sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here