Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My postman is a clown!!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Postie this morning tries to deliver a Large letter, its to big for the letter box.

So he leaves a calling card.
20 mins later I see him in our street with his van, he speaks to me " hello mr W, ( hes been the postie her for many years) I tried to deliver a package today but you were out" I said I know, I saw the card..

He then shows me the package, (it is from ebay) I tell him whats inside and can I have it....

Not unless u give me the calling card......WTF I said its my name, my address and you know me....You just told me you tried to deliver it..
but he was insistent I cant have it without the handwritten card, WHICH HAS NO SERIAL NUMBER...so no one knows he left it..

Now I have to drive 5 miles each way tonight to collect a parcel addressed to me that the postie showed me.......WHAT A TWAT

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
He is perfectly correct. You could take the parcel from him, and then take the calling card down the the post office and claim they lost the parcel and ask for them to cover the costs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Postie this morning tries to deliver a Large letter, its to big for the letter box.

20 mins later I see him in our street with his van, he speaks to me " hello mr W, ( hes been the postie her for many years) I tried to deliver a package today but you were out" I said I know, I saw the card.

One card, he's only got one card...

Don't they have a 'I tried to deliver a package today but its too big for the letter box' card?

Seem to recall when that housebrick-sized Harry Potter book, whatever it was, got sent out a couple of years ago, it never fitted through any letter box known to man. You would think a writer of J K Rowling's stature could have written a volume slim enough to fit in any standard UK letter box. Schoolgirl error! :facepalm:

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
"20 mins later I see him in our street with his van"
If you saw him in your street & had time for a little chat, why didn't you retrieve the card from your house & give it to him?

20 mins later I see him in our street with his van, he speaks to me " hello mr W, ( hes been the postie her for many years) I tried to deliver a package today but you were out" I said I know, I saw the card..

He then shows me the package, (it is from ebay) I tell him whats inside and can I have it....

Not unless u give me the calling card......WTF I said its my name, my address and you know me....You just told me you tried to deliver it..
but he was insistent I cant have it without the handwritten card, WHICH HAS NO SERIAL NUMBER...so no one knows he left it..

Now I have to drive 5 miles each way tonight to collect a parcel addressed to me that the postie showed me.......WHAT A TWAT

Was it for so, H&M clothes? If so, someone else has got those. :D

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Maybe he couldn't reach the letterbox because of his oversized shoes

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm not surprised the thread starter is annoy, some of you have no sympathy for the amount of custard pies he has put through his letterbox

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's seems a little officious.
But as said, there would then be nothing stopping you from taking the packet, and then claiming you never received it.

At best your postie would be deemed to have 'lost' it, or worse case, stolen it.

If they have been burnt before, you can hardly moan when his job is at stake.

Personally I would (and have done in the past) reminded you to rip up the card, when you're home.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
The postie is spot-on,people would be surprised the amount of trouble caused by the public not destroying the card left for a item which couldn't be delivered than handed over in the street later.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
20 mins later I see him in our street with his van,

Please tell me - just how long is your street? Couldn't you have just said;
a) wait there 30 seconds and I'll get the card from my house and I'll take the package off you now,
or
b) as you are still in my street with the package in your hand I'll go straight home so you can ring my doorbell and give it to me there!

you instead decide to do nothing and drive ten miles and you are calling HIM a twat!

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Someone's the clown and it definitely isn't your Postman...

Pretty much every time I've left a card through someone's door and they ended up coming to find me, they've had the card on them and some form of ID, not exactly difficult is it?

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
There are some right knobs on here. Obviously the postman is doing things by the book but for f*** sake cant he have a bit of common sense.

Heres your parcel, please destroy the note.

Everyones a winner

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
There are two right knobs on here - you and the OP.

Why didn't he just pop back indoors for the note - they met in the same street FFS

Probably the same reason the postman came up to him to say 'Ive got a parcel for you, but im not going to give it to you' .Makes f*** all sense to me. Theres doing things by the book and theres being anal. Quite clearly he is being anal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here