Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My postman is a clown!!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have just collected the package and it fits nicely through my letterbox.
The woman behind the counter in the post office asked for no ID and she gave me the original card back. So bang goes your big mouth theroies. Oh and my road is 3 miles long. Just wait there 30 mins while I nip home and get the card... I'm not linford bloddy christie..

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
My postman just puts a card through the door without knocking. Once I opened the door and said "I am in" and he simply told me he didn't have my parcel with him. He just carried around stacks of cards.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

AHA !! It was just as I thought, he could'nt deliver because his clown shoes meant he could'nt reach your letterbox

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The woman behind the counter in the post office asked for no ID and she gave me the original card back. So bang goes your big mouth theroies. Oh and my road is 3 miles long. Just wait there 30 mins while I nip home and get the card... I'm not linford bloddy christie..
Does it.
Why would your postie go to the effort to write your card and carry your packet around, when he doesn't have to?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
number one....maybe he was expecting to deliver it...you know thats a postmans job..

number 2 he had a nice red van just like postman pat...so he was not carrying on his round..
It all takes time, and extra effort.
Your Pat is totally responsible for that packet until it is returned to 'the cage'.
There's no point taking on that responsibility if you don't have to, esp when you have 50+ other ones.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Postie this morning tries to deliver a Large letter, its to big for the letter box.

So he leaves a calling card.
20 mins later I see him in our street with his van, he speaks to me " hello mr W, ( hes been the postie her for many years) I tried to deliver a package today but you were out" I said I know, I saw the card..

He then shows me the package, (it is from ebay) I tell him whats inside and can I have it....

Not unless u give me the calling card......WTF I said its my name, my address and you know me....You just told me you tried to deliver it..
but he was insistent I cant have it without the handwritten card, WHICH HAS NO SERIAL NUMBER...so no one knows he left it..

Now I have to drive 5 miles each way tonight to collect a parcel addressed to me that the postie showed me.......WHAT A TWAT

Is this your postman?

postman-pat-clowns-around.jpg

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
How about this

Postman leaves a card (im in the house) I chase him down(with the card) this is how the conversation went.

Postman "number 12 is it"
Me "Yer thats right we were in but the bell sometimes does not ring"
Postman " Yer I usually look through the window and see the brunette girl"
Me " You look through the Window?"
Postman " Yer I know when shes in cos her cars in the designated space"
Me " Erm ok then can I have my parcel"
Postman " Tell her I said Hi"

My first thoughts were Affair LOL.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
My postman just puts a card through the door without knocking. Once I opened the door and said "I am in" and he simply told me he didn't have my parcel with him. He just carried around stacks of cards.

Im a postman and if true report him to the Post Office on the number on the card saying what you have said on here .
Can't believe he would do that he would be sacked straight away

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Im a postman and if true report him to the Post Office on the number on the card saying what you have said on here .
Can't believe he would do that he would be sacked straight away

That happened a lot to me when i lived in Liverpool. The local sorting office at West Derby instructed posties to use that method in order to cut down on time and weight. As an ex postie i knew it was an incorrect procedure. I confronted two postmen who both gave the same excuses. I told them that that was against company policy but they wouldn't have it. In the end, as i had tried to talk common sense with their supervisor and failed miserably,i contacted the official complaints department who took me seriously and rapped some knuckles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here