Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My opinion on Zesh Rehman

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
My opinion of Rehman is that when Coppout was still here, every player knew where they were and exactly what was expected of them.
I got the impression that Coppout was that thorough which is why he always watched the first half of the game from the stand rather than the dugout.

After Coppout left the team fell into disarray and McGhee hasn't fully worked out who goes where and who is capable of what, yet.

Rehman has talent but doesn't have the ability to think on his feet and improvise.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
According to the Fulham website Rehman is a central defender, so perhaps we are being too harsh in assessing him as a midfield player. I agree with Charlie in that once the injured players have recovered he should go back to Fulham.

There is a world of difference between that and byf wanting to tell him that he is shit though

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Having seen him at Rushden, I've no doubt that Rehman has ability, but in all the games he has played since he has given the impression (to me anyway) that he can't be bothered. If that's the case, we're better off without him.

:rolleyes:

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
he's fit so he plays just filling a shirt at the moment, if he does'nt care his future at any club would'nt be to bright

Charlies Shinpad said:
I dont know byf,but he pays his money for his ticket so he is entitled to his opinion,same as he comes on here and does the same.Nothing wrong with that in my eyes,what is the point in having a site like this if everyone agrees with everyone else!!

If you dont like what he says then dont open the threads he starts,simple really isnt it.

My opinion of Rehman is that he flattered to decieve in his first couple of games,and as soon as we have everyone fully fit he will hopefully go back to Fulham.

Unless he's being racist? Maybe a poor choice of words but I think I've heard "send them back where they came from" before.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Because i put my point accross about rehman being pants,That makes me a racist does it?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
byf said:
Because i put my point accross about rehman being pants,That makes me a racist does it?

No, definitely not.

We should defend the right of free speech and frankly anyone should be able to say what they like about anyone ... what's that saying:
Sticks and stones
May break my bones
But words will never hurt me.

byf said:

You obviously lack the ability to read properly. I was pointing out the use of your words - "Send him back where he came from" - the age old cry of the racist. I did not say you were racist but I was and still am concerned by that remark.

And Goldstone - are you advocating the use of racist comments? I've witnessed this pseduo racism several times at the Albion - comments about a black player being halted halfway through with a comment of "Oh, I'm not allowed to say that anymore" Is that the kind of free speech you want to protect?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
goldstone said:
Sticks and stones
May break my bones
But words will never hurt me.

That is untrue. Keep telling a child it is stupid and they will be.

Words are very hurtful and always have an effect.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
lets not get side tracked here

the only thing that bothers me about this thread is some twat thinks going up to an albion player and having a go at him whilst he's having a night out is alright.

yeah yeah you pay good money blah f***ing blah

i pay good money for my internet connection. can i complain about having to read f*** witted comments from the byf all the time?

personally i wouldn't boo an albion player but i understand those who do at times. however, to go up to one whilst they're having a drink on a night out and have a go at them? out of order.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Alan you can always put him on your ignore list like I do.

Hurtful words to a player on loan, then why should he bust a gut? He's going back to Fulham.

There seems to be a lot of 'out of order' stuff on this thread.

As for ZR, the games I saw him at, he was all over the field, and his 'lack of interest' I didn't see a moment of. He looks to be relaxed because he does NOT have to race all over the field to get into positions that he should've been in at the time.
He switched sides when needed, and picks up spaces when we are in attack. The fact he missed a couple of chances are testament to the fact that he was in the right place - but he's not a natural striker so didn't make the most of his final touch.
I saw Wardy miss a couple of sitters and have duff games, and he was a 'luxury' player who was not required to do anything else but poach, pick up the ball lumped out of defence, and run rings round defenders. Rehman isn't a 'twinkletoes' like Leon Knight, or a big lug who can bully like a Heskey or a Ferguson - and is unlikely to be placed in the attack anyway.

I could only see us sending the bloke back anywhere if we have a better player for his position.
Do we though? I think we don't otherwise MM would have made the decision.
ZR stands out to be criticized because he's a loaner, tall, and doesn't 'look' as though he's racing his guts out for twenty minutes until he's knackered out for the rest of the game.

I suppose it makes a change for Oatway or Jones not to take the critique - and El-Abd, Watson, Mayo et al are not under the gun .....for this thread anyway.

It must do 3/4 of our squad a lot of good if they see how little Albion fans like them. I wonder how they'd play if they had the confidence of knowing the fans were fully behind them?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
NMH said:
It must do 3/4 of our squad a lot of good if they see how little Albion fans like them. I wonder how they'd play if they had the confidence of knowing the fans were fully behind them?

:clap2: :clap2:

We know for a fact that some of them read NSC :glare:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
And Goldstone - are you advocating the use of racist comments? I've witnessed this pseduo racism several times at the Albion - comments about a black player being halted halfway through with a comment of "Oh, I'm not allowed to say that anymore" Is that the kind of free speech you want to protect? [/B][/QUOTE]

Not as such, but there's far too much political correctness around.

For example, would I mind being called a white bastard? Not particularly. Would I mind being called a white bastard in an environment where white faces were in the minority? Again, not particularly.

I am totally against such terms being used to describe black people, but it does raise the question as to what constitutes a minority. If I was in a room full of women and one of them called me a male bastard would that be acceptable?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I'm not a racist but I'm clubbist. Shouldn't we give Hammond a chance ahead of him.
Where is Virgo? What has he done wrong?
Hemsley, who was kicked out as we had so many good young central defenders, is now a key player at Crawley.
What has happened to the youth policy?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
mona said:

Hemsley, who was kicked out as we had so many good young central defenders, is now a key player at Crawley.
What has happened to the youth policy?

Not only that but he has scored about 9 goals this season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here