Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My most hated commentary cliche

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I despise 'that was worth the entrance money alone.'

Totally agree. Not only is it a hideous cliche, but also the person using it has never paid to get in - so how would they know?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
If it had gone in it would of been a goal! Brian moore on the big match.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Nothing can compete with dickhead andy gray and his pathetic comments:angry:

could not agree more mate. he is more interested in offside decisions and players who 'could have done better' than anything else. i honestly believe he is as much responsible for adding to referees pressure as the managers are.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
"He's let himself down there."

Conveniently forgetting to mention that he has also let down his team mates, the rest of the squad, the manager, all the coaching staff, the physio, the kit man, the club chaplain (or Rabbi), the hangers on, the tea lady and many thousands of fans (past, present AND future).

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
He's a better player than that.

He's not that sort of player.

And anything that starts "He should have done.....",particularly when uttered by the totally doddering A.Gray.Go home to Scotland.Leave us alone!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
always hated "They are really asking questions of the defence"

what the f*** does it even MEAN?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
"It's a big ask" TASK maybe.

And why have they started to put 'football' in when they mention matct, as in "we did well to win this football match"? We all know it's football.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
"There's nobody better than ////// when it comes to....." Something brian morre would say most matches.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
"And Smith must score". How many times have we heard that?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I just hate it when players keep saying "you know" repeatedly during interviews, the worst offender is Peter Crouch...no Peter I don't sodding know, I was hoping your vocabulary would be large enough to tell me, sadly it isn't!

Tuks

Jan 24, 2010
Kenilworth, Warwickshire
''oh ******'s been beaten there'' as in the the keeper when the shot has gone wide but the keeper didnt have the whole goal covered

no he hasnt been beaten, the player missed and didnt score so how was he beaten there??!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
More or less anything said by Clive Tyldesley, especially:

1) "That magical night in Barcelona" referring to that flukey Man Utd win against Bayern Munich. Oh shit off. Munich were ROBBED that night. Nothing magical about that, especially for the half of the country who wanted to see Man Utd LOSE.

or
2) "another FAMOUS European night at Anfield". Oh do f*** off. Any ground (including Withdean) would look amazing when full, with scarves aloft with the home team playing against Real Madrid or Juventus. Did you see it when Reading did them a couple of weeks back. You could hear pin drop at the bin dippers end, as you usually can when things go wrong at Anfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here