Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My money is safe. Youre never going up this season.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Oh I see you're an Orient supporter, I thought you were Palace. How quaint.

To be fair though I must congratulate you for supporting a team like Orient all these years when there are so many better teams close by. I bet your dad was an O too?

Actually, this is the point. It would be very easy for Orient supporters to trolley off to a premiership ground but they don't. They stay true. and I take my hat off to them.

(And also to the true supporters of Millwall, Palace, Brentford, Barnet...)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Why would Palace give a monkeys about you? The rivalry there is in your head rather like ours with Wet Sham. You'll just have to make do with Bournemouth and Gillingham instead.

I will accept your congrats especially from a fan that knows only too well the pains and triumphs of supporting a smaller club. My Dad was Orient. Was your Dad bha?

I'm sorry but when have Bournemouth or Gillingham ever been our rivals?

If you're going to take the p*ss buddy, then at least get your facts right :lolol:

Palace & Pompey are our main and closest rivals.

After that, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd say Southampton & Reading are disliked more that most other clubs (The Reading one goes back to the 50's apparently but those supporting the Albion before the 70's like myself may be able to shed some more light on this?)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

If you're going to take the p*ss buddy, then at least get your facts right :lolol:

After that, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd say Southampton & Reading are disliked more that most other clubs (The Reading one goes back to the 50's apparently but those supporting the Albion before the 70's like myself may be able to shed some more light on this?)
We've had rivalries with Bournemouth, Reading and Luton in the past 50 years. And when we were at our tiniest, smallest and least threatening, even little old Orient was considered a needle game. I'm not sure Gillingham has ever been a real rivalry though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Actually, this is the point. It would be very easy for Orient supporters to trolley off to a premiership ground but they don't. They stay true. and I take my hat off to them.

(And also to the true supporters of Millwall, Palace, Brentford, Barnet...)

Yep.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Bournemouth were our rivals long before Palace, as were Fulham to a lesser extent. Portsmouth have never really been our rivals as historically they've always been way bigger than us and have always been more interested in Southampton.

We DID have a bit of a 'thing' with Orient though for a few years. But we've grown out of it now and I'm always pleased to see them win, especially as Slade's the manager.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Gillingham had their chance to create some rivalry when we played 46+ games on their turf. But no we dont care about them and they dont care about us.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Why would the Gills have bothered when their team were playing away, surely they'd be more interested in going to their away fixture than watching BHAFC at the Priestfield ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think we took more than 10 but lets be honest, its a two bob cup and you have a shit ground. Hardly inviting is it? Still, we WON, sorry, repeat, we WON. Two bob cup that meant nothing to us and we beat your sorry side. FACT.

I can hand on heart honestly say i'm SOOOO glad that you did beat us. Gives us a wk off midweek this week and we can concentrate on the main thing which is the league - which we're doing rather well in at the mo. Honestly am so glad we were knocked out of the JPT - even though we had to literally LET you win on Gus' instructions...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can hand on heart honestly say i'm SOOOO glad that you did beat us. Gives us a wk off midweek this week and we can concentrate on the main thing which is the league - which we're doing rather well in at the mo. Honestly am so glad we were knocked out of the JPT - even though we had to literally LET you win on Gus' instructions...

This.

The league matches will be so, so different.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gillingham had their chance to create some rivalry when we played 46+ games on their turf. But no we dont care about them and they dont care about us.

They were doing OK in the equivalent of the Championship, we were scratching around at the arse end of League 2. I remember games where the stewards didn't even turn round to look when a goal was scored. They had no reason to want a rivalrly with a shit team without a home two divisions below them.

Orient however loved having a team that they could actually beat quite regularly :lolol: They got the better of us for quite a few seasons, well until MA took over.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Thats just not true. This is an opportunity to appeal to new fans.

OK, I'll become an Orient fan; I've got bored with brighton and their witty, eloquent and charming fans. I'll sew some sequins on me cap and dance along, thumbs tucked in me braces.

Anyone else ?

"Me ol' bam-boo, me ol' bam-boo...."

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
OK, I'll become an Orient fan; I've got bored with brighton and their witty, eloquent and charming fans. I'll sew some sequins on me cap and dance along, thumbs tucked in me braces.

Anyone else ?

"Me ol' bam-boo, me ol' bam-boo...."

Please. Youre more suited to BHA trust me. And its not a compliment.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Going back to the original post, how is your money safe? Brighton werent exactly long odds to not go up. On the contrary, I put £ on them to win the league at 14/1 - part of an accumulator.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Going back to the original post, how is your money safe? Brighton werent exactly long odds to not go up. On the contrary, I put £ on them to win the league at 14/1 - part of an accumulator.

I bet £100 that we would finish above your lot. If I lose I'll give it to remf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here