Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My message to the players and Gus

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Dunk was unlucky but it was a mistake. Most teams that do well against us know to neutralise Bridcutt cos he's the defence's outlet, if u cover him, the CBs are out of ideas, they look nervous and invite further pressure.

Same thing happened Tuesday, the midfield didn't want the ball, got marked tightly and we watched Dunky smack it off the pitch a load of times trying to switch it to Bruno from left back.

That's where a target man would help, a final outlet.

Maybe Gus can get Drogba on loan from that bankrupt side he went to.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Look at my post again and see where he has taken us in the FA cup. He also has said he loves it as a manager. I thought the Villa game was brilliant even though we didn't win.

Instead of jumping on everything I say. Go back and listen to what Poyet said about the cup competitions this season at the fans forum, his words not mine. Of course his view may have changed since then, he does have a habit of contradicting himself quite a bit.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Having a rival is one of the best things about being a fan, although you only really feel it if you are a regular at the games.

You want to be in the same division as them.
You want to beat them home and away.
You want to beat them 10-0
You want as many of their players sent off as possible
You want as many dodgy decisions as possible
You want to chant songs at them that they hate
You want them upset and p!ssed off
You want the bragging rights and the opportunity for a gloat
You absolutely have to beat them because losing to them hurts like hell

That is what a rivalry is and it's what makes it so much fun, because without the bitter, the sweet ain't as sweet.

I feel for you if you don't get it, but like teetotallers - when you wake up in the morning thats the best you'll feel all day.

Have to agree with this - I still feel absolute shite

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Call yourself a REAL Brighton fan and you don't mind losing to Palace ????? are you for real ?

My first Albion match was in 1967. As far as I am aware, palace wasn't an issue then. Yesterday's result was extremely disappointing, but it might have been worse losing at home to Birmingham. Maybe it depends on which generation you belong to.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My message is:-
1. Stop choking at big games.
2. Poyet - wipe the grin off the face and waffling on about your friends in the game when you lose. The interviews after palace and liverpool are cringeworthy
3. Grow a backbone and have some fight when we play palace. The record under Poyet is played 3, lost 2 drawn 1. Our head to head advantage is at risk.
4. Understand that finishing below palace, a club that struggle get get gates half the size of ours, is not acceptable. We get the biggest crowds in the division and that brings expectation. Understand that fact and deal with it.
5. Poyet takes responsibility for letting Murray go and buying CMC with the cash. CMS/Barnes are his strike force and they couldn't hit a cows arse with a Banjo. Murray however, well the record speaks for its.

Top post.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The original post was made at about midnight last night (if I read it right) ..We all felt gutted, I still feel gutted ..but :
We have to move on. We play Charlton next week - we have drawn Newcastle at home in the cup .
This is football , it has good days and bad days, and terrible days! but there is always next week!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Even if Dunk had stayed on the park, we'd have still got hammered, we just didn't look like we wanted to compete.

You know how the other 83 minutes would have gone do you?

The bookies must hate you, and you must be absolutely minted. Right?

Or maybe you are just aiming your ass at the keyboard and firing off little brown chunks in the hope that what you end up posting makes sense.

Dunk was unlucky but it was a mistake.

Dunk wasn't unlucky at all. He f***ed up. He's a f***ing liability. Touch of f***ing Savile to give it away and then compounded it by bringing him down. Thank f*** he won't be near the squad for a while.

All those saying why didn't Gus get the players up for it, what makes you think they weren't up for it to start with? It went completely tits up in 6 f***ing minutes! While I understand the OPs sentiments his message needs to be directed at Dunk. 84+ minutes with 10 men was always going to be a struggle. Yes, CMS should have scored and Murray is a diving cheating cuntrag, but we were always going to be under the cosh when Dunk went. Bruno is playing with a rib injury too, and we have no other defenders fit. I honestly think 11 v 11 and we'd have got something from that game. They weren't all that, they were flattered by the scoreline.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
No, leave him alone. I like reading posts like that!

So do I because unlike some blinkered fans he recognises that it was what it was, a screw up by one player who lost his head when a derby means you have to not let the occasion get the better of you. However he is blaming the loss on that one incident when in reality there were never going to beat us.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
You know how the other 83 minutes would have gone do you?

The bookies must hate you, and you must be absolutely minted. Right?

Or maybe you are just aiming your ass at the keyboard and firing off little brown chunks in the hope that what you end up posting makes sense.
You self righteous fuckwit, I saw the other 10 players make f*** all effort. So it's a fair assumption.
So instead of ****ing me off from behind your keyboard pipe down until you've got a valid point.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Please elaborate. What defines a real fan as opposed to the rest of us or are you saying that those of us Brighton fans born elsewhere in Sussex are somehow not the real McCoy?
Probably the same thing as being a 'proper' Brighton fan :thumbsup: :D

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Probably the same thing as being a 'proper' Brighton fan :thumbsup: :D

Apologies. It's been a long weekend and I'm feeling like shit, I don't get what you mean. I'm just curious to know if HB&B thinks he's a better fan than the A21 Seagulls or the Burgess Hill mob or the old faces from the Clifton in Worthing or the Crowborough or LA lads.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Apologies. It's been a long weekend and I'm feeling like shit, I don't get what you mean. I'm just curious to know if HB&B thinks he's a better fan than the A21 Seagulls or the Burgess Hill mob or the old faces from the Clifton in Worthing or the Crowborough or LA lads.
Sorry - in the post you made above the one I quoted you mentioned all 'proper' Brighton fans looking for the Palace fixture first. Hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You self righteous fuckwit, I saw the other 10 players make f*** all effort. So it's a fair assumption.
So instead of ****ing me off from behind your keyboard pipe down until you've got a valid point.

My point is nobody knows how the other 83 minutes would have gone.

Your point was, you do.

My point is valid. Your point is stupid. So cvnt you off I shall, you fuckwit. You've earned it.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
My point is nobody knows how the other 83 minutes would have gone.

Your point was, you do.

My point is valid. Your point is stupid. So cvnt you off I shall, you fuckwit. You've earned it.
Ooh you big bad scary man. Are you thick ? Or do I need to explain what "assumption" means ?

Oh and I bet you wouldn't be so tough face to face :kiss:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here