Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My message to the players and Gus

kateean2

Nov 13, 2012
Great thread,Thank you to all those who posted...., keep them coming : )
smile.jpg

sad.jpg

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Wrong again. Gus won the FA cup and has said he loves it. What he doesn't like is the other cup games like the JPT and the League Cup. He has said that there should be just two competitions in a season, the League and the FA cup.
Think about where we have got in the last 3 years with Gus in the FA cup. We've played in the 4th round twice and the 5th round against such teams as Villa, Newcastle, Liverpool and Stoke.

He loved it as a player, when he thought he could win it. His view as a manager has changed somewhat. Get it right.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You seem very blase about it. It's a huge mistake that could have cost us the game. Palace kept their heads in the atmosphere, didn't make those kind of mistakes.

It's not like the ref sent Dunk off wrongly and we were robbed by that decision. It ruined everything our game plan the match as a spectacle, possession, ability to attack, everything.

It's as bad as a poor back pass for a goal, missing open goals, it's a crass error.

I think a very clear split is emerging among Albion fans between those who think this game is very important, and those who don't. And I know which side I'm on.

Yes I am blase, far worse things have happened as I said, see where we are at the end of this season then get mad if required

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a load of crap being spouted on here about the rivalry and the players as there was one thing and one thing only that sorted out this game Dunks red card without that anything could have happened and nobody knows what the outcome would have been. It is just 3 points that we have dropped not as bad as losing at home to Birmingham or MIddleborough and all we need to do now is go on another unbeaten run for a number of games, starting at Charlton next week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He loved it as a player, when he thought he could win it. His view as a manager has changed somewhat. Get it right.

Look at my post again and see where he has taken us in the FA cup. He also has said he loves it as a manager. I thought the Villa game was brilliant even though we didn't win.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Agree with the sentiments. Dunk has had chance to mature but let himself down when it mattered most. Not up to it, why dont we have more experienced defensive cover? Seems the depth we have is just in midfield

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is all part of the problem the prem has bought to the nations game. Too much money, too many foreigners who have no understanding of the English game and what it means to the fans. It's all self, self, self...It's the FA Cup third round draw today, just them three words should make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. The greatest cup competition in the world( well it always was) and Gus( not only Gus I might add) couldn't give a flying f*** about it.

I couldn't give a flying f*** about it either. Given the choice between a couple of victories over Sheffield United and Blackpool, followed by a defeat at Stoke that is as boring as it is predictable, or losing in the third round but getting into the playoffs, I would always take the latter, as would Tony Bloom, Gus and squad.

This "greatest club football competition in the world" comment is just a bland cliche trotted out by TV companies who want viewers and followed by sheep.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The first 10 minutes of a derby are always frantic how can you possibly know what the outcome would have been had we kept 11 on the pitch.

The same thing happened to Spurs vs Arsenal the other week. Adebayor off after 9 mins, result 5-2 to Arsenal. Early dismissals are hard to respond from, but even more significant in a derby match.

You are both right, but to me the rest of the team looked very lacklustre to me. Not at all like I would of expected for a massive game like that. Maybe it was nerves, I don't know I'm just gutted we lost to those tossers.

cpfc1973

Nov 1, 2012
Poyet must have treated the game the same as all us fans do as he started the banter with i quote " will buckley is better than wilf zaha " well i was at the game and i can say did buckley turn up???? we made you look like an average team yesterday.

yes i know you had 10 men but it was a red card all day your players were not up for it on the day

East Stand Milf

Dec 1, 2012
To be honest us real Albion fans here in Brighton aren't that worried about it. I mean we're here in Brighton and the stench of Croydon is out of our nostrils, just.That's all you have to think about really. Did you see much of Croydon? It's fouler that Lewis Dunk on the edge of the D.

Call yourself a REAL Brighton fan and you don't mind losing to Palace ????? are you for real ?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Poyet must have treated the game the same as all us fans do as he started the banter with i quote " will buckley is better than wilf zaha " well i was at the game and i can say did buckley turn up???? we made you look like an average team yesterday.

yes i know you had 10 men but it was a red card all day your players were not up for it on the day
You are correct.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

Biggest surprise for me was Zaha. A couple of step overs and f*** all else. Bolaise was far more impressive. Murray, well it was a good header, and played his age old trick to get the first penalty. 2nd penalty was fair enough, I think people who are slagging off Dunks tackle should look at Greers foul for the penalty, immature petulance which is not how a captain should be behaving.

D

Deleted member 18477

My message is:-
1. Stop choking at big games.
2. Poyet - wipe the grin off the face and waffling on about your friends in the game when you lose. The interviews after palace and liverpool are cringeworthy
3. Grow a backbone and have some fight when we play palace. The record under Poyet is played 3, lost 2 drawn 1. Our head to head advantage is at risk.
4. Understand that finishing below palace, a club that struggle get get gates half the size of ours, is not acceptable. We get the biggest crowds in the division and that brings expectation. Understand that fact and deal with it.
5. Poyet takes responsibility for letting Murray go and buying CMC with the cash. CMS/Barnes are his strike force and they couldn't hit a cows arse with a Banjo. Murray however, well the record speaks for its.

I actually couldn't agree more than this.

cpfc1973

Nov 1, 2012
I would agree with that bolaise was better yesterday by far.
Biggest surprise for me was Zaha. A couple of step overs and f*** all else. Bolaise was far more impressive. Murray, well it was a good header, and played his age old trick to get the first penalty. 2nd penalty was fair enough, I think people who are slagging off Dunks tackle should look at Greers foul for the penalty, immature petulance which is not how a captain should be behaving.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We waited 10 months for this game. You f***ed it up in 7 minutes.

That is all.

Think about it.

Sod that Stand or Fall banner. Tooting Gull's words should be printed in 10 foot letters around Falmer.

It's the Palace match that every proper Brighton fan looks for first when the fixtures come out and it's the most important game of the season. Surely it can't be that hard to understand?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Why can't Gus just accept it's a massive game for the fans and get the players properly up for it? Why does it have to be about him? That's one point we've got off them in three games. Pathetic.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Having a rival is one of the best things about being a fan, although you only really feel it if you are a regular at the games.

You want to be in the same division as them.
You want to beat them home and away.
You want to beat them 10-0
You want as many of their players sent off as possible
You want as many dodgy decisions as possible
You want to chant songs at them that they hate
You want them upset and p!ssed off
You want the bragging rights and the opportunity for a gloat
You absolutely have to beat them because losing to them hurts like hell

That is what a rivalry is and it's what makes it so much fun, because without the bitter, the sweet ain't as sweet.

I feel for you if you don't get it, but like teetotallers - when you wake up in the morning thats the best you'll feel all day.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
All the Gus bashers seem to be out in full today. Enjoy! A 6 minute red card at a derby away usually only means one thing - you're f***ed. If you're really going to blame the manager that's got us on the edge of the championship playoffs for a defenders error then fine. Go for it, you've got until Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here