Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

my latest CHAVVY LITTLE TWATS related moan

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
tommy boy, annoying phone plus small window, I will leave the maths to you!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Virgo's Haircut said:
Well, you don't work on trains day in day out, so therefore don't get abused like guards and platform staff etc.

If I was a driver and said to you put me on platform f***ing 3 at Brighton, would you do it? Or would you be slightly offended?

I do not like being sworn at, and I don't care if they are a passenger or not. Nobody swares at me, and then thinks I'm going to do them a favour.

I told him not to go on the track, so WHAT MORE could I do?

Your right I don't work on trains day in day out. I signal them. I've done my bit working with the travelling public during the past & I appreciate what you guy's go through! But if you can't handle it then I think your in the wrong job. In regard's of a driver telling me to put him into "platform f***ing 3 at Brighton" well that depends on the circumstances.

In regards of people swearing at you and then you deciding whether your going to do them a favour or not! You are so wrong. The utmost thing as a railwayman is the safety of everybody. Whether it's passenger's & crew, staff working on the line, tresspassers or even suicide's! You do whatever you can to avoid anybody getting hurt or even worse KILLED.

Your idea of telling someone not to go on the the line is to tell them to f*** off & threaten them with the police! Tactical.

In the signalling centre i'm working at, you know the one it goes from Brighton to Norwood jn & Selhurst, we've had a great number of calls this year from driver's requesting police assistance for conductors being assualted! I wonder why?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Lammy said:
If it's pissing it with rain then he's hardly likely to wait for someone (we all know how long the trains take to arrive) to come to his aid.

As soon as the train has gone he'll be on the track to get his phone anyway.

Stop being such a nanny!

Exactly what I was saying! But once a kid is on the track then you think the trains are going to run normal speed? NO. Then people moan about they're train being delayed.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Marty McFly said:
Or if someone's hat was sucked off by a train...what would be the procedure for that?

Not that its happened :blush:

If it was any good then you would'nt see it again!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
British Bulldog said:
Exactly what I was saying! But once a kid is on the track then you think the trains are going to run normal speed? NO. Then people moan about they're train being delayed.

Eh?

No matter what he said he will go on the track. He will be on and off the track in about 10 seconds.

A train will not be delayed.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Lammy said:
Eh?

No matter what he said he will go on the track. He will be on and off the track in about 10 seconds.

A train will not be delayed.

Really? Sorry fella but as soon as I get told of a tresspasser on the line then trains do get delayed until I get told the tresspasser is no longer there!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I remember being at Victoria trying to get a train back to Sussex, an announcement said that trains were being delayed because of sheep on the line near Gatwick. Anyway the train to Littlehampton left a little behind schedule and proceeded slowly to East Croydon, where it stopped for what seemed an age (I was worried that I might catch some infectious disease due to the amount of time we were sat there). The station announcer said that trains were being delayed due to sheep on the line near Haywards Heath, them bloody sheep must have been on acid, they were moving far faster than the trains were.

In all seriousness, safety has to be of prime concern on the railway, even the most heartless driver would lose sleep if he wiped out some stupid chav who was trying to retrieve his mobile phone.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Gully said:
In all seriousness, safety has to be of prime concern on the railway, even the most heartless driver would lose sleep if he wiped out some stupid chav who was trying to retrieve his mobile phone.

I appologise for my bit if ranting tonight but I did find VH's comment's a bit out of order. I know the railway is there to be knocked and there's many reasons why they should be. But I have to call into question irresponsibility from a member of rail staff who should have been trained better.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
British Bulldog said:
I appologise for my bit if ranting tonight but I did find VH's comment's a bit out of order. I know the railway is there to be knocked and there's many reasons why they should be. But I have to call into question irresponsibility from a member of rail staff who should have been trained better.

So now you're saying I'm not trained properly?

By the way he wasn't a kid. I'd say he was around 17 or 18.

I told he not to go on the track. I told him that it's been reported. He then told me to go and get his f***ing phone. AFTER, I told him I couldn't due to the safety issues. So, in my book, he go and f*** himself.

How dare you accuse me of not being trained properly. You don't know me. You don't know the full facts. My first post about this was meant to be light hearted, you know, to make people smile. I now get accused of not doing my job properly.

I guess you are Mr Perfect though?

Sorry for the rant, but that's upset me.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Virgo's Haircut said:
How dare you accuse me of not being trained properly. You don't know me. You don't know the full facts. My first post about this was meant to be light hearted, you know, to make people smile. I now get accused of not doing my job properly.

Fair point. On reflection I can see my comment was out of order so for that I appologise.

However I will never appologise to anybody for having a sense of humour bypass when it comes to even the remotest possibility of a member public going on the railway line. Incidents of this nature happen far too frequently and they don't allways have a happy ending.

Believe me there's not a lot worse than taking an emergency call from a driver when he/she thinks they may have struck a person, Especially when the person involved is a child/youth. Suicides are bad enough, But accidental deaths are a lot worse.

Only last week we dealt with an incident that looked like it had resulted in the death of a youth on the line. Thankfully the youth involved had'nt died, He was just laying down next to the live rail trying to hide.

gull45

Mar 10, 2006
Virgo's Haircut said:
As a railway employee i found it rather amusing the other day when a chavvy spotty oik dropped his mobile phone the other day, whilst it was playing some kind of music, between the platform and the train at Lancing.

The oik wanted me to go and get the phone, to which I politely told him, to f*** off. And if he even thought about going on to the track, the Lancing signal box would be calling the police, as there would be a trespasser on the line. At this point he started to cry. So I closed the train doors, and f***ed off.

Did I mention it was raining rather steadily, and phone was getting wet?

Excellent!!!!!! well done that man!!! i get the train from worthing to bognor and back every day and these little shits drive me mad!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: they need more abuse to sort them out!!

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
British Bulldog said:
Fair point. On reflection I can see my comment was out of order so for that I appologise.

However I will never appologise to anybody for having a sense of humour bypass when it comes to even the remotest possibility of a member public going on the railway line. Incidents of this nature happen far too frequently and they don't allways have a happy ending.

Believe me there's not a lot worse than taking an emergency call from a driver when he/she thinks they may have struck a person, Especially when the person involved is a child/youth. Suicides are bad enough, But accidental deaths are a lot worse.

Only last week we dealt with an incident that looked like it had resulted in the death of a youth on the line. Thankfully the youth involved had'nt died, He was just laying down next to the live rail trying to hide.

I appreciate it must be hard when a driver calls you saying he hit someone. But in the heat of the moment, sometimnes we don't think and act as we should.

By the way, do you know what happened at Clapham Junction today?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Virgo's Haircut said:
I appreciate it must be hard when a driver calls you saying he hit someone. But in the heat of the moment, sometimnes we don't think and act as we should.

By the way, do you know what happened at Clapham Junction today?

Heard there was a fatality there but i'm on a rest day so thats as much as I know i'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here