Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My last day at work, I'm battered, and

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Could you claim that copied him in "on purpose" and make it out that he was kind of "in on the joke"?

You could say "do you really think I would be stupid enough to copy you in if I was trying to slag you off behind your back?"
I did wonder whether this would fly, but he's too disenfranchised from the rest of the email list.

I might just "apologise", ten seconds before I walk out the door.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What exactly do you mean in the email? Are you simply suggesting he is skiving off work or?...
This bloke has been absolute crap, and leaves his desk at 5pm on the dot daily, has just charged CAD 500,000 for a year's appalling consultancy and he spends a lot of time away from his desk. Not surprisingly, no-one likes him.

In other news, Rooney has seemingly behaved appallingly and won himself a tidy pay rise. This office twat is not at his desk. Again.

I'm just seeing a link.

Never burn your bridges.

a saying that has served me well when my new job was pants and my old place took me back.

just an opinion mind.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Head of IT has suggested I should apologise. But the bloke in question is an absolute BUMHAT and I'm leaving. What should I do?

Tell IT to 'do one.' Cheeky bar-steward for asking IMO.
You're not employed there anymore, so f@@k 'em

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I did wonder whether this would fly, but he's too disenfranchised from the rest of the email list.

Walk up to him on your way out and say "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry I had a difficult childhood..." before bursting into HORRIBLE tears and running out of the room. Everyone's sympathy will be transferred from him to you.

Don't feel you have to thank me, chief :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

The difficulty with a drunken apology is that you have to make a hasty exit so you reach the door prior to bursting out laughing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have drafted an apology, and forwarded to head of IT. We'll see what he thinks of it before I send it out.

This has sobered me right up. I can't even get battered on my last day properly these days. :jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
send him the apology, so it's all sorted formally. Then walk over to his desk, eyeball him, and give him a look that says "Just so you and I are clear in this, I still think you're a total c-nt".

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can we see the draft of the apology? I'm quite interested to know how you're going to 'sincerely apologise'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If he's not there, then how has he seen the email ?

Oh, I suppose its a Blackberry jobbie.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If he's not there, then how has he seen the email ?

Oh, I suppose its a Blackberry jobbie.
Correct.

And I have sent a grovelling apology to the greasy haired, pointless, well overpaid, charmless wanker. No point leaving on bad terms. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here