Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My hands are PATHETIC

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've just done a bit of back garden fence repair (the wind had blown one of the panels loose). So I got some brackets and screwed them in to secure it, and now my right hand is acting like a little BITCH and has sprouted an irritating blister right in the middle of the palm. Its my "mouse hand" as well.

For christs sake, I only had to screw in about 8 or 10 screws, but the handle of the screwdriver has clearly left its mark, and now I have to SUFFER because of it. Absolutely f***ing pathetic. I've never done a hard days work in my life. I must have womens hands or something.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Easy 10 said:
I've just done a bit of back garden fence repair (the wind had blown one of the panels loose). So I got some brackets and screwed them in to secure it, and now my right hand is acting like a little BITCH and has sprouted an irritating blister right in the middle of the palm. Its my "mouse hand" as well.

For christs sake, I only had to screw in about 8 or 10 screws, but the handle of the screwdriver has clearly left its mark, and now I have to SUFFER because of it. Absolutely f***ing pathetic. I've never done a hard days work in my life. I must have womens hands or something.

You should have used an electric drill with screwdriver bits.
Just thought I'd let you know now just to rub it in.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: My hands are PATHETIC

Rangdo said:
You should have used an electric drill with screwdriver bits.
Just thought I'd let you know now just to rub it in.
I havn't got one. DIY is not my strong point.

Anyway, I'd have thought my "delicate pinkies" could have COPED with less than a dozen screws to drive in, but clearly not. I'm more like that tart in the Fairy Liquid ads - "now hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face". Jesus. I need to toughen up. My hands are great for caressing milky-white thighs, but ask them to hold anything more than a pen and its "ooh blister" this and "oooh red mark" that.

Pathetic.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Easy 10, the new face of Fairy Liquid.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They sell girly screwdrivers, with soft handles in Superdrug. Honest.

larus

Well, that's done it now.

Other fans on this board will think we're just a bunch of poofs. You can just imagine the chants at the next few games.

'You're just a town full of faggots'
'Does your boyfriend know you're here?'
'You only sing when you're rimming'.

If this happens, we know where the blame lies, eh, eh.

You couldn't keep it to yourself now, could you. Oh no, bit of pain and you start blubbing.

*****Walking off, muttering under breath, "Bloody lightweights"....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
larus said:
'You're just a town full of faggots'
'Does your boyfriend know you're here?'
'You only sing when you're rimming'.

If this happens, we know where the blame lies, eh, eh.
We've had those chants for YEARS anyway. I refuse to accept that my babyskin soft hands have anything to do with that.

Anyway, I've just looked at the butt of the screwdriver I used, and its actually quite a callous rubber. I reckon a 50 year old drunk irish navvy would have winced using that one. And the screws were quite long, I had to screw them in a long way.

Still, thats the end of MY manual labour for the year (assuming that fence holds).

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Easy 10 said:
And the screws were quite long, I had to screw them in a long way.
Yes, all 8 of them as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
YES, all 8 of them.

Oh bollocks. I don't know why I come on here for sympathy.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
You have my sympathy Easy. I used to think I was a bit of a hard bastard until two weeks ago when I decided to cut back my hedge with a pair of pruners. I ended up taking a huge lump of skin off my thumb which hurt like hell. To make matters worse I was then knocked out of our office pool competition 'cos I couldn't hold the cue properly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Re: My hands are PATHETIC

Easy 10 said:
I havn't got one. DIY is not my strong point.

Anyway, I'd have thought my "delicate pinkies" could have COPED with less than a dozen screws to drive in, but clearly not. I'm more like that tart in the Fairy Liquid ads - "now hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face". Jesus. I need to toughen up. My hands are great for caressing milky-white thighs, but ask them to hold anything more than a pen and its "ooh blister" this and "oooh red mark" that.

Pathetic.

Go to Wickes and buy one then :p

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
you'll be wanting soothing hand creme next

You great wet lettuce

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
You deserve all you get Easy. Leave it to the pro's. As some one who has driven screws numbering in the thousands, you should have pre drilled your screw holes and used a screw driver man enough to do the job. A pump screwdriver or cordless drill would have been easier on your feminine hands.
Another option would have been to pound them home with a hammer like our Brummie friends from the midlands.
Next time get your mother to do it, or wear gloves.

This was a public service anouncement by the woodworkers guild of America.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ned is brilliant at DIY and will do those little jobs for you. He is a very handy man (he is that bit of rough that women love)

Ps he is good at caressing too. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lord Cornwallis said:
You deserve all you get Easy. Leave it to the pro's. As some one who has driven screws numbering in the thousands, you should have pre drilled your screw holes and used a screw driver man enough to do the job. A pump screwdriver or cordless drill would have been easier on your feminine hands.
Another option would have been to pound them home with a hammer like our Brummie friends from the midlands.
Next time get your mother to do it, or wear gloves.

This was a public service anouncement by the woodworkers guild of America.
Well, its done now. Pre-drilling and all that bollocks shouldn't be necessary when I was only doing a few (although I did tap them in a little way with a hammer before screwing). And theres nothing wrong with the screwdriver I used, its just a bit callous on the butt. Anyway, the fence has survived the night and I've done quite a neat job, if I do say so myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here