Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My hands are PATHETIC

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Easy 10 said:
I've never done a hard days work in my life. I must have womens hands or something.

I can NEVER get those bloody supermarket plastic bags open. I try rubbing them between my thumb and forefinger to seperate them, but they just run smoothly between my fingers.

Basically the skin is too soft and smooth, because I've never had to do a hard days work in my life either.

I'm just a big girl really.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Re: Re: Re: Re: My hands are PATHETIC

Beach Hut said:
Go to Wickes and buy one then :p

Do not go anywhere near that :censored: place:angry:

Easy, you obviously need to get away from 'soft' office work and do some 'real' manual work. I had 7 and a half years of it and was fit and healthy. Now if I look at a pint of Harvey's I put on several pounds:lolol:

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Re: Re: My hands are PATHETIC

Gritt23 said:
I can NEVER get those bloody supermarket plastic bags open. I try rubbing them between my thumb and forefinger to seperate them, but they just run smoothly between my fingers.

I never have trouble with them because my hands are always slightly clammy when I'm paying for stuff at the supermarket, in case anyone notices that I've got smoked salmon and caviar stuffed into my jacket pockets.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re: Re: Re: My hands are PATHETIC

Set of Tracksuits said:
I never have trouble with them because my hands are always slightly clammy when I'm paying for stuff at the supermarket, in case anyone notices that I've got smoked salmon and caviar stuffed into my jacket pockets.

But it's not just the bags at the till, it's also those pesky little buggers on the fruit and veg. I can be there for hours before some old dear with hands like sandpaper comes over and rescues me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
One day last week, I was off work and indulged in a 5 hour session on the PS2, playing Vice City.

Now sore, blister covered, thumbs is fair enough, I accept that as an unfortunate by product of playing, but on this occasion my feeble "womans hands" surpassed themselves.

I got a blister on my left hand, down the side of my middle finger. Yep, imagine holding a controller, and you'll realise that my poor feeble hands could not cope with me pressing too hard on the directional buttons.

Shameful, absolutely shameful. I get the same 'injury' on the other hand whenever I do any painting.

:nono:

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Re: Re: Re: Re: My hands are PATHETIC

Gritt23 said:
But it's not just the bags at the till, it's also those pesky little buggers on the fruit and veg. I can be there for hours before some old dear with hands like sandpaper comes over and rescues me.

Now THOSE bags are a different matter altogether. I swear to God that some of them aren't bags at all, merely bag-shaped sheets of transparent plastic that are put there to infuriate shoppers while staff on their coffee break watch and laugh at us on CCTV.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Re: Re: My hands are PATHETIC

Gritt23 said:

lick your finger tips then rub. This works for all sorts of things, but especially plartic bags.

Anyone with a tip on how to open a bag of nuts without (a) using scissors (b) using teeth (c) spilling the contents all over the floor.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If I have an extended session on Pro Evo, my left thumb goes really red and sore for hours afterwards, and I can't bear to have any pressure put on it. Sometimes I suck it in bed for a while to get the circulation going again. Thats quite shameful as well really, isn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here