Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My best chance of breaking into the big time - and actually, NSC can make it happen.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I'm not exaggerating!

I'm up for an award - a proper, serious, very highly regarded industry one. The only problem is - even though the nominations are made by industry insiders, the final vote for the nominees is from the public.

SO -pleeeeeeeeease help! You just need to click twice, no more than that - and please ask your friends as well.

Tim's on top : News 2011 : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide

This may sound like a massive exaggeration, but I'm constantly having people come up to me saying, "why aren't you on Mock The Week"? and "Why did you miss out on Michael McIntyre?". The reason is that I perform mostly in Brighton (why wouldn't I?) and the industry bigwigs don't bother to come down here to see talent, staying in London.

As a result, I miss out on all the major stuff. If I won this, they'd be obliged to screentest me for all up and coming TV work, and frankly, this is probably my only chance of getting that breakthrough.

On that basis - to all NSC - help! If you voted for me, and I won, it would *actually change my life*. It's not often you can do that for someone with two clicks of a mouse, on 'Stephen Grant', for best compere.

Help a lifelong albion fan - ta.

Stephen

Well i have to ask, if you really want to make it, why not go to where the big time is?

I've seen you at Komedia by the way and as i thought you were pretty good i've voted.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
lifelong albion fan....BOLLOX.

this is a fact Stephen and you know it........i used to go often and know you (mid 90s) and you never went, nor cared one bit. i like what you do now with the club, but don't sell your ego and desire for fame on lies.

respect.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
lifelong albion fan....BOLLOX.

this is a fact Stephen and you know it........i used to go often and know you (mid 90s) and you never went, nor cared one bit. i like what you do now with the club, but don't sell your ego and desire for fame on lies.

respect.

He didn't say whose life did he...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Done. Good luck Steve.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Done without even knowing if you're any good or not. That's Albion love.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Done, shame Seann Walsh is on the same list as you, he's a top bloke who also deserves a break and would have loved to been able to vote for you both.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't vote for you because a) never seen you on Mock the Week and b) never seen you perform anywhere. Does strike me as rather odd that, as another poster alluded to, you seem to have a desire for the big time but baulk at travelling and becoming established where the big time actually is!!! Surely if it means that much you would pursue every avenue. What exactly are you expecting the big time to do should you win? Will they start recording Mock the Week from a studio in Brighton or maybe a new series entitled Live at the Dome!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here