Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza again...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
maybe it doesn't really matter and when a decision is reached we will know the outcome but (probably) never the way it was reached.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
NF agent was on here yesterday saying that he thought that GM will sign another contract with us, he probably knows a lot more than most of us. So lets just hope and wait for it to happen.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Like i have said over and over again, im only passing on what i have heard. If people really think i have just made this up for a laugh thats your choice. Im brighton through and through and i aint for one going to go on my teams board to make up bullshit. The abuse i have got over this is unreal, the thing that pisses me off is when people get personal, but ill let you do it from behind your keyboard. I think people just say "another bullshit story blah blah" as they dont want it to be true, i for one would be over the moon if Murray stays, but i belive 100% what this player has said.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
f**k me, poor sam....a fellow Albion fan, is being savaged by others non the wiser.

Whether its true or not who knows and that is not the point, he never said it was, he said it's what he heard.

It is entirely plausible the club may do that, things are not always black and white, there are many shades of grey.

Maybe the club made an offer and as Glenn didn't sign they have since secured the services of another, as yet unannounced centre forward (Hoskins, Owen or whomever else) and so thus negotiated downward... its basic supply and demand.

Maybe Gus was so pissed off that Murrays agent thought he would try and pull a fast one by saying he was off to Palace, and decided to make an example of him and put something slightly less on the table to show the club wont be held to ransom by agents?

Is not at least possible they reduced it by 10% as this is the agents usual cut, to play Murray off against his unscrupulous agent, as a negotiating tactic?

Maybe as seversidegull said, they decreased cash value for other performance related incentives?

The fact is nobody knows any facts, its all maybes, and fans are all full of utopian moral ideals on how we should act in our black and white thinking, when the plain and simple fact is, its all business.....these things happen all the time...... Calderon had his offer removed 1 year ago, for not signing by a certain time.

For 3 years its all about the football/fans/team-mates, but thats all out the window when contracts expire. Contract negotiations with agents is a dirty business, its entirely feasible this may have happened, and Bloom didn't amass his millions by being a nice guy....he is a hero to fans but never forget he is also a hard nosed businessman and negotiator who will be ruthless in business when he needs to.

don't shoot poor Sam, unless you can prove he lied, give him the benefit of the doubt

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Samtheseagul m8, calm down.
Your starting to bite.
You do come out with some S**T on here at times but I have heard the same story as you,
so I'm 100% behind you .
So you cant spell, but that dont make you a liar.
Believe me Samtheseagul is spot on here.
TTT

Please change the record now Sam.
You are starting to bore us all.
Cheers though for the laugh.

You changed your tune :lol:

bhafcbhafc

chunk9
Feb 18, 2009
brighton
Murray linked with Palace. thats a step down and according to palace website they have sold 7,000 season tickets. WOW i'd rather play for palace than brighton......NOT. we have sold 3 times as much. Murray will be back in league the following season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here