Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza again...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Two things -

1. We still don't know what line of work Sam is in!
2. If rumour has come from a player released why not name him?

Sam may well have been told something by an ex player but just because he is an ex player doesn't mean he is party to the intricacies of Murray's contract negotiations. I don't believe for one minute that players disclose to each other exactly what they are earning. More likely they are prone to exagerate just to appear they are doing better than they actually are. No different to most other professions.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Thanks for info. Dont remember Roniie ver doing us wrong so if he agrees that the source is genuine thats enough for me. However I think the source is wrong. It would be total idiocy for the club to offer a contract to one of its best palyers one minute and the take it back and offer a worse one.

..... unlesss there is more to the contract han just wages.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Two things -

Sam may well have been told something by an ex player but just because he is an ex player doesn't mean he is party to the intricacies of Murray's contract negotiations. I don't believe for one minute that players disclose to each other exactly what they are earning. More likely they are prone to exagerate just to appear they are doing better than they actually are. No different to most other professions.

Im not going to name the player as it might get back to them, the player might only of heard this on the training ground ect ect, i didnt speak for long but i belive what the player is saying. choose to belive me if you like, but next time i hear something ill be keeping it to myself. I come on this thread to tell people something i have heard, and people have attacked my spelling and job. So anyone that has taken the piss from behind your wankstained kewboard, go f*** your self.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks for info. Dont remember Roniie ver doing us wrong so if he agrees that the source is genuine thats enough for me. However I think the source is wrong. It would be total idiocy for the club to offer a contract to one of its best palyers one minute and the take it back and offer a worse one.

..... unlesss there is more to the contract han just wages.

I agree 100%.
I never said what i got told is a fact, its just what the player has said.

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
If he is a builder, it would be rather worrying if he struggles to read or write. Both integral parts of the running a building firm, I would have thought.

Seagull1967

Aug 8, 2009
Barnsley
Two things -

Surely the credibility will be if Muzza signs, I do not care where the information comes from. If Muzza doesn't sign then any further details about a player from the poster will be looked upon with scepticism.

So lets see what happens, the proof is in the pudding... :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So you are saying we offered him money close to what he wants, then withdrew it and offered him less money.

Sorry but if you're gonna make something up, at least make it believable :facepalm:

While I'm as sceptical as the next guy about this story (and really quite fed up with the whole murray situation), I think it's entirely plausible if you consider that there are other aspects to a contract than just basic amount. Perhaps the lower offer was for a longer period, or gave him his own image rights, or increased the value of goal bonuses, or in some other way made the contract more like Murray's view of his value, just not all in his basic wage.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Im not going to name the player as it might get back to them, the player might only of heard this on the training ground ect ect, i didnt speak for long but i belive what the player is saying. choose to belive me if you like, but next time i hear something ill be keeping it to myself. I come on this thread to tell people something i have heard, and people have attacked my spelling and job. So anyone that has taken the piss from behind your wankstained kewboard, go f*** your self.

Thanks for the verbal abuse. Not sure why you think my post merited it. Firstly, you come on with a 'rumour' that sounds ludicrous to start with, ie that when negotiating, the club go in the opposite direction to what most people would when trying to reach an agreement (unless of course you are the previous BA management!!!). So there is a credibility issue there, not necessarily with you but with your source. However, you then comment that you run your own business but so far will not even give an indication what type of business that is which now questions your own credibility. You either don't run a business, run a business you are ashamed of or run an illegal business. Other than those three reasons why would you not say what you do. You don't have to name the company, I was just interested in your line of work. Who knows, you may well pick up some business however your attitude is likely to prevent that.

However, if you read my post in full you will hopefully appreciate that my questioning was the credibility of the info from your source, not what they told you but more likely how they got the info and whether that was credible. Unless this player got it direct from Murray, his agent or the club then it is and always will be just another bit of gossip!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Blimey, if all OP's are going to get a level of abuse for posting a rumour, we'll end up with no rumours and this site will then become very boring. Take all rumours with a pinch of salt and then see what happens.

As for getting personal about spellings and what job description then tha's going to far, especially on one of our own fans!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks for the verbal abuse. Not sure why you think my post merited it. Firstly, you come on with a 'rumour' that sounds ludicrous to start with, ie that when negotiating, the club go in the opposite direction to what most people would when trying to reach an agreement (unless of course you are the previous BA management!!!). So there is a credibility issue there, not necessarily with you but with your source. However, you then comment that you run your own business but so far will not even give an indication what type of business that is which now questions your own credibility. You either don't run a business, run a business you are ashamed of or run an illegal business. Other than those three reasons why would you not say what you do. You don't have to name the company, I was just interested in your line of work. Who knows, you may well pick up some business however your attitude is likely to prevent that.

However, if you read my post in full you will hopefully appreciate that my questioning was the credibility of the info from your source, not what they told you but more likely how they got the info and whether that was credible. Unless this player got it direct from Murray, his agent or the club then it is and always will be just another bit of gossip!

My attitude is fine when it comes to work, all i have done is pass on something i heard and i have been caned because of my spelling. Its nothing personal to you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
However, you then comment that you run your own business but so far will not even give an indication what type of business that is which now questions your own credibility. You either don't run a business, run a business you are ashamed of or run an illegal business. Other than those three reasons why would you not say what you do. You don't have to name the company, I was just interested in your line of work. Who knows, you may well pick up some business however your attitude is likely to prevent that.

Reason number 4: Look at what happened with Jamie with only a little bit of information. If you're receiving abuse on here, you're not going to want to leave bread crumbs.

Ting Tang Tommy

May 13, 2011
Shoreham
Samtheseagul m8, calm down.
Your starting to bite.
You do come out with some S**T on here at times but I have heard the same story as you,
so I'm 100% behind you .
So you cant spell, but that dont make you a liar.
Believe me Samtheseagul is spot on here.
TTT

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Heard something about his new contract today from a decent source, The Albion offered him a new deal with a certain wage which he was close to signing,then we went back and offered him less money. Which has pissed him off.

Hilda f***ing ogden didnt talk this much shit in the rovers

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Hilda f***ing ogden didnt talk this much shit in the rovers

If you took the time to read this thread you would see that more than one person has backed up this rumour.
As I said previously, I know where the information came from and it is a reliable source.
Perhaps you are the one talking shit ?

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010

well said i agree with you, the player should not be named, but i for 1 will come back and laugh at the doubters and non believers when they find out this is true, the source is a player i heard this from and a respected 1 to. so enough said from me, if ya don;t believe it i don't really give a fook:lolol:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Story is a lie from an attention seeker.

Just like the sources of fiction here from time-to-time stating Millwall offering Glenn £10k to £11.5k per week (1/13 of their entire club revenues, and double the Championship average, despite Millwall being far smaller than most Championship clubs financially & Glenn unproven at that level!).

In other words, another lie from someone unconnected to the Albion, Millwall, Glenn or his agent.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a bit rich accusing someone of lying. He is passing on what he heard. He didn't say it was 100% true, but what he heard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here