Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mutu

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
No that Mutu has been sacked, what is next for him?

Personally, I think he will receive quite a lenient period of rehabilitation/ban but after that can he just sign for another club or will Chelsea retain his registration?

I suppose Mr Abramovich can afford to write off £15.8 million and as Mutu did not feature in Mourhino's plans it would be a waste to continue paying him.

He may have to sign for a smaller club on lower wages after his ban. Mutu and Knight up front?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Meade's_Ball said:
Mutu Gets The Boot(oo). is my prediction for tomorrow's headlines.

Who nose?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
What a W@nker!!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Chelsea wont resign him, he should get a 2 year ban from all forms of footy (but probably wont) as no doubt the authorities will be leniant (sp?) as he's now sacked....it SMACKs of corruption :nono:

fatboy said:

I suppose Mr Abramovich can afford to write off £15.8 million and as Mutu did not feature in Mourhino's plans it would be a waste to continue paying him.

I don't think Abramovich got that rich by cavalier wasting of 15 millions!
I would imagine that Chelsea were still paying another club for his transfer (money rarely changes hands as soon as the player is bought). Also, there must be some sell-on moneys due to Chelsea .

The great thing for them though, is that he was displaying signs of being a troublesome ego, and was walking out due to not being picked for one match.
Rid of a liability? I think they'll be laughing all the way to the bank

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chelsea can afford to sack somebody and write off £15 million, but it does set quite a worrying precedent, and raises a number of questions.

What would Chelsea do if, say, Veron was found to have taken drugs? Sack him as well and write off a further £15-odd million?

Is it up to the individual club how they treat players who are found guilty of taking similar drugs, or is the sacking option endorsed by the FA?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Pavilionaire said:
Chelsea can afford to sack somebody and write off £15 million, but it does set quite a worrying precedent, and raises a number of questions.

What would Chelsea do if, say, Veron was found to have taken drugs? Sack him as well and write off a further £15-odd million?

Is it up to the individual club how they treat players who are found guilty of taking similar drugs, or is the sacking option endorsed by the FA?

I am sure if it was John Terry or Frank Lampard it would be a different situation.

And I am sure Mourinho would not order drugs tests for any of his players other than those he wants to get rid of.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chelsea are entitled to sack Mutu, but is it right to have a drugs policy of "if you're good we'll put you on rehab" and "if you're bad we'll sack you"?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Chelsea are entitled to sack Mutu, but is it right to have a drugs policy of "if you're good we'll put you on rehab" and "if you're bad we'll sack you"?

I think it's different for sportsmen. Surely by taking banned substances they are adversely affecting their ability to carry out their jobs, because they can be banned by an independant body??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here