Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

must limit palace and millwall fans!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
To the person said about the away fans moving, was told by a tour guide at the Amex the other day that the away fans wont be getting moved as they would have to move ST holders but they dont want to do that.

That's bullshit, not ST in the south end of the East Stand. I'm sure these tour guides are making it up as they go along.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Rev, please can you do me a favour this morning?

SHUT UP!

Repeatedly starting threads concerning behaviour at footy matches, you are obsessed.

Eddie83

Feb 15, 2012
Fellas

Millwall fan here who went on tuesday night. Now most people have their view and opinion of millwall and to be honest I couldnt care less what people think of us. Firstly, 2400 millwall fans on the whole behaved themselves the other night. I took my partner who has not been to football before and she never felt threatened or worried about who she was surrounded by. Yes there was a scuffle in the concourse but it was dealt with.

Now in my view the atmosphere in football stadiums in recent years has declined, especially since the 90's and the introduction of the 'plastic bowl' type stadiums is one of the main reasons for this. I was very impressed with your new stadium the other night. I was impressed with the acoustics and the design and I am pleased that after many years of trying you have finally achieved your dream. But after all that effort, do you really think it is worth reducing the allocation for 2 of your closest rivals in the league, potentially creating no atmosphere and banter rather than think of simple ways of policing.

I have seen mentioned in a few different posts about problems agianst palace and leeds this season. Now I obviously was not at these games but after witnessing events at the end of the game on tuesday, steps have got to be taken to make leaving your ground a lot safer. There were police lines outside the away section, stopping millwall fans from getting out but still letting albion fans through. Surely just keeping us in for 20 mins would be the safer approach, letting albion fans onto buses and trains and then putting us back onto trains to brighton once you have departed.

I enjoyed my visit the other night and really hope you do not decide to reduce our allocation next year. Its a very easy and hasty decision to do that and creates a slippery slope for any problems you have in the future at the ground. Having a new ground has plenty of teething problems and I know that we are not angels but surely a few sensible approaches to policing and re evaluating a few methods you have adopted for away fans would have ensured that the game went without disturbance.

I am not by any means writing on here saying that all your views are wrong but from my point of view events the other night were minor and can be avoided with sensible steps.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The only way to deal with such games would be to limit them to 1200 tickets.
The police,stadium and transport cannot cope with 2400 fans from trouble clubs.
Can't hold them back,cant segregate after game and home fans don't have many options to avoid them.
Must be limited.

Never, if YOU can't stand the heat etc etc

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Fellas

Millwall fan here who went on tuesday night. Now most people have their view and opinion of millwall and to be honest I couldnt care less what people think of us. Firstly, 2400 millwall fans on the whole behaved themselves the other night. I took my partner who has not been to football before and she never felt threatened or worried about who she was surrounded by. Yes there was a scuffle in the concourse but it was dealt with.

Now in my view the atmosphere in football stadiums in recent years has declined, especially since the 90's and the introduction of the 'plastic bowl' type stadiums is one of the main reasons for this. I was very impressed with your new stadium the other night. I was impressed with the acoustics and the design and I am pleased that after many years of trying you have finally achieved your dream. But after all that effort, do you really think it is worth reducing the allocation for 2 of your closest rivals in the league, potentially creating no atmosphere and banter rather than think of simple ways of policing.

I have seen mentioned in a few different posts about problems agianst palace and leeds this season. Now I obviously was not at these games but after witnessing events at the end of the game on tuesday, steps have got to be taken to make leaving your ground a lot safer. There were police lines outside the away section, stopping millwall fans from getting out but still letting albion fans through. Surely just keeping us in for 20 mins would be the safer approach, letting albion fans onto buses and trains and then putting us back onto trains to brighton once you have departed.

I enjoyed my visit the other night and really hope you do not decide to reduce our allocation next year. Its a very easy and hasty decision to do that and creates a slippery slope for any problems you have in the future at the ground. Having a new ground has plenty of teething problems and I know that we are not angels but surely a few sensible approaches to policing and re evaluating a few methods you have adopted for away fans would have ensured that the game went without disturbance.

I am not by any means writing on here saying that all your views are wrong but from my point of view events the other night were minor and can be avoided with sensible steps.

Good post :thumbsup:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fellas

Agree with every word.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That's bullshit, not ST in the south end of the East Stand. I'm sure these tour guides are making it up as they go along.

There are ST there, some on here were worried for the Newcastle game if they took the 15% allocation. ST were oversubscribed so some had to go there. Don't think it's many though.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Why not just sell the south stand tickets to home fans and ban the away supporters due to their awful behaviour, we will get the same amount of money and they might think twice the following game

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
So say you go up, you're going to restrict Chelsea, United, Spurs...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fellas

Decent post, but I'm not sure I agree with everything you say. Firstly, it's very easy to blame the police and their approach to handling 2,400 Millwall fans. But the simple fact is, that game was already far more heavily policed than pretty much every other game. I know Leeds and Palace are high category games, and there were problems with both but with Millwall it seems there is more anecdotal evidence of some of your sizeable minority of twats who were just looking for trouble. And the real problem is that it is indiscriminate. I'm fairly sure it can't be difficult to organise a row with similar minded people, so why nut innocent people on the train platform? Or scuffle with others on the train? Or smash up toilets? There was trouble in Lewes before the game apparently, I read on here that 40 Millwall were arrested before the game and so on. Compared to that lot, even the complaints of treating the elderly like shit or screaming "paedo" and "AIDS" at fathers with pre-teenage kids seems churlish, yet that in itself is totally unacceptable if you're honest.

So seriously, why should our club bother with treating Millwall's support like other clubs when we could just halve the allocation if Sussex police and the Met thought it was sensible, and ask Millwall to sell only to season ticket holders? Anyone convicted of an offense in the ground or in the immediate vicinity could probably then have their season ticket revoked. Meanwhile, your support could indeed be policed better and probably will be next time, but I'd rather the belt and braces approach of keeping your support behind AND cutting your allocation. Atmosphere would suffer, but wouldn't be non existent - it was fine when Donny and Blackpool came to the Amex. And maybe when Millwall and the police are more confident of cutting out trouble, things could revert to the way they were.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I can't see why you have classed Palace as a trouble club, we were not that bad, Your fans inciting trouble does not help.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
I thought Kenny Ovecoat signing the charter against homophobic chanting etc at half time was quickly made a mockery by the club's supporters.

For dodgy away supporters how about we only sell tickets to the visiting club's season ticket holders which includes journey by coach. So only way into the Amex is via a season ticket and transport by coach. Only way into and out of the away end is via the coach park. Just a thought.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I can't see why you have classed Palace as a trouble club, we were not that bad, Your fans inciting trouble does not help.

You're the same as us really. We aren't a trouble club unless we are playing a trouble club, or are playing you. Same goes for you I think.

Jan 30, 2008
I love the older millwall giving it the (not the millwall i know) back in the day 70's they were orrible smacking middle age fans smacking parents who objected to thier sons scarves getting stolen,climbing into the granstand to belt the old boys up there??? The police stood back and let him get on with lets hope we are not going back to that day:moo:
Just like you avatar Rev , you're going all gooey ???

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You're the same as us really. We aren't a trouble club unless we are playing a trouble club, or are playing you. Same goes for you I think.

Yup I will go with that...trouble clubs in the championship = Bristol city, Millwall, Brum, Cardiff and southampton (last few visits)

Eddie83

Feb 15, 2012
Decent post, but I'm not sure I agree with everything you say. Firstly, it's very easy to blame the police and their approach to handling 2,400 Millwall fans. But the simple fact is, that game was already far more heavily policed than pretty much every other game. I know Leeds and Palace are high category games, and there were problems with both but with Millwall it seems there is more anecdotal evidence of some of your sizeable minority of twats who were just looking for trouble. And the real problem is that it is indiscriminate. I'm fairly sure it can't be difficult to organise a row with similar minded people, so why nut innocent people on the train platform? Or scuffle with others on the train? Or smash up toilets? There was trouble in Lewes before the game apparently, I read on here that 40 Millwall were arrested before the game and so on. Compared to that lot, even the complaints of treating the elderly like shit or screaming "paedo" and "AIDS" at fathers with pre-teenage kids seems churlish, yet that in itself is totally unacceptable if you're honest.

So seriously, why should our club bother with treating Millwall's support like other clubs when we could just halve the allocation if Sussex police and the Met thought it was sensible, and ask Millwall to sell only to season ticket holders? Anyone convicted of an offense in the ground or in the immediate vicinity could probably then have their season ticket revoked. Meanwhile, your support could indeed be policed better and probably will be next time, but I'd rather the belt and braces approach of keeping your support behind AND cutting your allocation. Atmosphere would suffer, but wouldn't be non existent - it was fine when Donny and Blackpool came to the Amex. And maybe when Millwall and the police are more confident of cutting out trouble, things could revert to the way they were

Agree with things you say mate and obviously I can't comment about things in Lewes before the game as I was not there or aware of incident.

BHAFC should not have to deal with people who want a tear up or your innocent fans should not have to be on the wrong end of scuffles. Totally agree.

However, correct me if I am wrong here, the away end at the amex is at the other end of the ground from the train station. The police formed two lines at either end of the away end, restricting millwall fans from leaving and creating confusion and anger from away supporters including myself. However Albion supporters were allowed to wander striaght through us, totally defeating the point of having police in lines in the first place. We had to walk around your ground after that and arrived at a packed platform and packed trains! Now a packed platform and train does not bother me but it does bother some people, especially those with elderly or disabled fans. Now if millwall fans were kept in until home fans departed it would have curbed any anger or frustration and helped to some extent deal with the overcrowding which led to scuffles.

I am not a person who is against the police but i just felt that many LITTLE issues could have been dealt with better on tuesday from an away fans view, that would have made an albion fans enjoyment of tuesday night a lot more enjoyable.

Yes you could restrict us to ST holders only but do you really want football to go down the same route as it did in the 80's with fan bans and restrictions.

Good luck for the rest of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here