Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Musical expansion - ACDC, Pearl Jam, Jimi Hendrix, Simply Red, Bee Gees..

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Looking to continually expand on the depth of singers/bands I currently listen to.

So recommend me some BRILLIANT songs from any of the bands/artists in the thread title :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

brunts09

Jan 8, 2010
pearl jam--- nothing as it seems, in my tree, porch, black, insignificance, please breath, inside job. there is a few to get you started, enjoy!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
AC/DC? Just download the albums "back in black" "if you want blood you've got it" and "live" - you'll have all the classics covered

Hendrix? Download one of many of his "best of" albums - I think there's one called "voodo child" that's good.

The other 3? With a few minor exceptions (the cheesey classics) don't bother

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I nearly choked when i read the post and then had to take a double take at Simply Red being in the title:lol:

It's quite clear I was saying I wanted to listen to stuff I didn't know...

It seems AC/DC, Jimmy Hendrix and Pearl Jam are the ones to go with..

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
might as well give pearl jam a swerve unless you really need something to listen to...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
[yt]JBLDxgrDVO4&feature=related[/yt]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
might as well give pearl jam a swerve unless you really need something to listen to...

Ignore this plum, I have every PJ album, and they are the most consistently good band in the last 20 years (along with Radiohead).

I would strongly recommend anything from Ten, Lost Dogs, Yield, the greatest hits is a top double album, one disc is more acoustic/mellow, whilst the second rocks out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Try a little jazz/funk too. It will broaden your horizons.

brunts09

Jan 8, 2010
good to see there are so many pj fans on here! I think a great way to get into them is rather than pick up the greatest hits, getting hold of any of the live bootleg albums, sets will include tracks from all the albums and i find that a lot of the songs sound better live than on the albums, best live band going!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here