Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Musical expansion - ACDC, Pearl Jam, Jimi Hendrix, Simply Red, Bee Gees..

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
My favourite AC/DC albums are Highway to hell and Powerage. With Pearl Jam Ten is a as good a place as any to start.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Back in Black is a good album but the best AC/DC is prior to that with Bon Scott on vocals.

Good call. Powerage is the absolute Creme de la menthe of the DC albums. Imo, like. :thumbsup:

ps Top shouts from El Prez on the Pearl Jam-front too. Top band & absolutely rockin' live. :clap:

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Another one here who thinks that Powerage is the greatest AC/DC studio album. The first I heard was the classic live If You Want Blood You've Got It vinyl album. Will also mention that the holy grail of Bon Scott era DC is the Live At The Atlantic Studios album that was originally recorded as a radio promo for the US release of the Let There Be Rock studio album and finally saw the light of day on CD twenty years later as part of the Bonfire box set. Up until that point my home cassette recording of its broadcast on Tommy Vance's Friday Rock Show sometime in the mid 80's was one of my prized possessions.

As you asked for songs - Bon era:
Live Wire
It's a Long Way To The Top
TNT
High Voltage
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Problem Child
Ride On
Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be
Bad Boy Boogie
Let There Be Rock
Whole Lotta Rosie
Rock 'N' Roll Damnation
Down Payment Blues
Sin City
Riff Raff
Kicked In The Teeth
Highway To Hell
Touch Too Much
If You Want Blood
Night Prowler

Yes, all of those are classics and more that i missed

Brian era:
Hells Bells
Back In Black
You Shook Me All Night Long
Let Me Put My Love Into You
Shoot To Thrill
For Those About To Rock
Lets Get It Up
Thunderstruck

that's it..

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
For Jimi Hendrix just get the three Experience albums Are You Experienced?, Axis: Bold As Love and Electric Ladyland, as the newer CD issues also now include the non-album singles that you would previously have needed Greatest Hits for as well, but if you want a few songs to get going:
Foxy Lady
Manic Depression
Love Or Confusion
Fire
Stone Free
Purple Haze
The Wind Cries Mary
Spanish Castle Magic
Little Wing
If Six Was Nine
Castles Made Of Sand
Crosstown Traffic
Burning of the Midnight Lamp
All Along The Watchtower
Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
These are the albums by Jimi Hendrix that you should own

29qmhs7.jpg

51dLkTZmw-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41mBj3ldRmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51yAlJvoVuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Listen to them all and then when you're finished listen to them again

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Thanks, this threads been a great help:thumbsup:

For all those saying things like "I should try listening to Led Zepellin, etc" I do.
I said I want to EXPAND on the stuff I listen to.

The Smiths, Rolling Stones, Stone Roses, Blur, Led Zepellin, The Who, Oasis, Radiohead, The Cure, Bloc Party, The Clash, Guns and Roses, James Brown, Kasabian, The Libertines, Pink Floyd, The Strokes, T-Rex etc etc

Hopefully be adding ACDC, Pearl Jam and Jimi into my favourite bands list:clap2:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Justin Bieber? :dance:

What's your problem?

So i just mentioned five well known bands in which I hadn't listened to, and suggested some songs/albums to listen to, and now you think I am into pop music?

Are the bands I listed above uninteresting to you? Would you rather listen to a bit of Britney Spears and Kylie?

If so, fair enough:thumbsup:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What's your problem?

So i just mentioned five well known bands in which I hadn't listened to, and suggested some songs/albums to listen to, and now you think I am into pop music?

Are the bands I listed above uninteresting to you? Would you rather listen to a bit of Britney Spears and Kylie?

If so, fair enough:thumbsup:

What!? :laugh:
Pathetic.
Big band Charlie. Wanting to like well known bands just to sound cool. Fairplay :thumbsup:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
...AC/DC...

that's it..

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the merits or otherwise of AC/DC Mr Joker, but I just wanted to commend you on an excellent choice of brewer in your avatar.

XX Bitter and Guldenberg are both right up there among my very favourite beers... :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thanks, this threads been a great help:thumbsup:

For all those saying things like "I should try listening to Led Zepellin, etc" I do.
I said I want to EXPAND on the stuff I listen to.

The Smiths, Rolling Stones, Stone Roses, Blur, Led Zepellin, The Who, Oasis, Radiohead, The Cure, Bloc Party, The Clash, Guns and Roses, James Brown, Kasabian, The Libertines, Pink Floyd, The Strokes, T-Rex etc etc

Hopefully be adding ACDC, Pearl Jam and Jimi into my favourite bands list:clap2:

Can I suggest you try out Interpol and Placebo based on that list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here