Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music, who should we like

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
But surely we have all manner of pretentious (sorry informed) magazines available to tell us who we should like?

So, let me put up some 'new' bands that I like, to see if I really am as out of touch as I beleive I am:

Kaiser Chiefs
Muse
Editors
The Kooks
Pendulum
Pigeon Detectives
Mika
Scouting for Girls
Kasabian

I like Muse - they're bonkers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes! Another Mika fan! Well, I say fan, I thought he was really good live at Glastonbury last year.

Not a big fan, but I thought he was pretty good on Jools Holland's Hootenanny and certainly worth watching.

But surely we have all manner of pretentious (sorry informed) magazines available to tell us who we should like?

So, let me put up some 'new' bands that I like, to see if I really am as out of touch as I beleive I am:

Kaiser Chiefs
Muse
Editors
The Kooks
Pendulum
Pigeon Detectives
Mika
Scouting for Girls
Kasabian

Of those, you are officially not allowed to like (well, in fact, you must hate them with all your might)...

The Kooks
Pigeon Detectives
Mika
Scouting for Girls

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ah, I've waiting for an opportunity to find out. Am I allowed to like Green Day ?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I've really got into Nickelback lately, but I'm regretting it now because I've been told that apparently they are in fact utterly SHIT. Shame, as I thought their album All The Right Reasons was actually pretty decent.

I'll probably have to go back to some of my old Aerosmith stuff instead, as long as they're still acceptable.

Me too!

I thought I was a real indie fan but there you go... I like Shite!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Of those, you are officially not allowed to like (well, in fact, you must hate them with all your might)...

The Kooks
Pigeon Detectives
Mika
Scouting for Girls

Cheers - deleting them from my MP3 player as I type... well not at the exact same time :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You're allowed to like Sigur Ros, :thumbsup:

Maybe I just haven't heard the right songs but the ones I have heard make Coldplay sound like fun loving jesters.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Music is the international language of the world & has always divided opinion over whats hot & whats not. Unfortunately most people are like sheep & will only listen to what the media tells them to listen to. If YOU like it then thats all you need to know. That is your own particular version of the universal language

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by

The Kooks
Pigeon Detectives
Mika
Scouting for Girls

Being from Brighton I reckon we can get away with liking the Kooks and to be fair I always thought the Pigeon Detectives were allowed too. However Mika, and ESPECIALLY Scouting for Girls shoes be booed off stage with bottles of piss being thrown at them! :rant:

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
I enjoy quite a few UK/US hip hop artists but none of that fake gangster crap..the likes of braintax, mos def, common, j-dilla, MF doom, lupe fiasco, skinnyman, jehst, saian supa, taskforce.

also quite like electro at the moment- sven vath, erol alkan, phynn, angello, dave spoon, seb leger, klaas, Claude Vonstroke, crookers and many others.

but i still like still loads of commercial and chart stuff...

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Kaiser Chiefs
Muse
Editors
The Kooks
Pendulum
Pigeon Detectives
Mika
Scouting for Girls
Kasabian

Some good choices there - not sure it's cool to like Mika but I do too, so that's ok. Not a big fan of Scouting for Girls though.

As for Joss Stone - good voice and would definitely get it :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here