Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music, who should we like

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I know I'm gonna regret this..any chance of a youtube link to this, I'm guessing, great music?

Yep, you're gonna HATE it though.

This is Skream, he's a dubstep artist.

[yt]jkZ33k9Yh_Y[/yt]

This is a Foals tune (English band, good) remixed by Henrik Schwarz

[yt]JYVvM6rkQZ4[/yt]

I can't hear these tunes at work but I'm pretty sure they are the best examples I can find on youtube, they don't really tend to make videos that much.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I have to confess to having bought the new coldplay CD and I think its great stuff!

I am also going to see Springsteen at Cardiff tomorrow, and have seen U2 many times.

Will this earn me a ban from NSC?

If we could have an official NSC approved list of bands then I will down load the approved music and throw away all my old CDs and Vinyl albumns!

I cant ait to see who I will be listening to from this weekend onwards.

Can I then become cool and go to gigs in Brighton when about 20 people turn up and say "this band are great but if they become massive I will promise never to go and see them again but when asked will go on and on and on about when I saw them with just me my mate and his dog"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is Brighton still one of the worst places in the country for a decent atmosphere at gigs? Haven't been to one for years but it always used to be that the Brighton audiences were too cool to get involved and therefore nearly all concerts, even from good musicians, were a disappointment as the Brighton audiences tended to lean back and be saying "Come on then, entertain me but don't expect me to be so uncool as to let you know I'm enjoying it"

That wasn't true at Gogol Bordello at the Dome last year - cracking atmosphere.

I must say that I've never regarded Brighton as a bad place for gigs: I've seen some great atmospheres and some morgues - that's up to the band surely?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nickleback always sounded to me like those guys who go on X factor shows and try to do rock. Badly. You should check out some Soundgarden or Pearl Jam to see how angst rock should be done!

What's amusing is that Nickleback are supposed to be a grunge band according to many. It's just as well they don't sound as dull and are as overrated as the majority of grunge bands.

Still, that's just my opinion.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I like Nickelback, and they put on a good live performance supporting Bon Jovi a couple of years back. I'd definitely go and see them live in their own right if/when I get the chance.

Also, I have tickets to see REM live in August...are they considered acceptable (not that I'm bothered if they are or not, just interested to see people's views of them)?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
IRON MAIDEN!:thumbsup:

Not cool but nearly 30 years on and still selling loads of albums and selling out stadiums all over the globe! Twickenham July 5th i cant wait!:clap2:

And by total contrast i'm also looking forward to Level 42 at the Dome in October:clap2:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have to confess to having bought the new coldplay CD and I think its great stuff!

I am also going to see Springsteen at Cardiff tomorrow, and have seen U2 many times.

Will this earn me a ban from NSC?

If we could have an official NSC approved list of bands then I will down load the approved music and throw away all my old CDs and Vinyl albumns!

I cant ait to see who I will be listening to from this weekend onwards.

Can I then become cool and go to gigs in Brighton when about 20 people turn up and say "this band are great but if they become massive I will promise never to go and see them again but when asked will go on and on and on about when I saw them with just me my mate and his dog"

Well, you might be ok with U2 and Springsteen, as they haven't been put forward on the not cool list so far, but Coldplay - what were you thinking??!?!?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can I take a guess that those 'in the know' don't like:

Daniel Beddingfield
Natasha Beddingfield
Joss Stone

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Perhaps Richie could write a fanzine to let us all know the correct music we should be listening to.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps Richie could write a fanzine to let us all know the correct music we should be listening to.

But surely we have all manner of pretentious (sorry informed) magazines available to tell us who we should like?

So, let me put up some 'new' bands that I like, to see if I really am as out of touch as I beleive I am:

Kaiser Chiefs
Muse
Editors
The Kooks
Pendulum
Pigeon Detectives
Mika
Scouting for Girls
Kasabian

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think they are so uncool as to not even warrant a mention.

Or maybe (via some circular logic) they are so uncool they are cool in a retro / ironic sort of way?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
But surely we have all manner of pretentious (sorry informed) magazines available to tell us who we should like?

So, let me put up some 'new' bands that I like, to see if I really am as out of touch as I beleive I am:

Kaiser Chiefs
Muse
Editors
The Kooks
Pendulum
Pigeon Detectives
Mika
Scouting for Girls
Kasabian

Yes! Another Mika fan! Well, I say fan, I thought he was really good live at Glastonbury last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here