Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music, who should we like

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It seems that some big bands are RUBBISH and we need to know who it's cool to really really dislike even though they are massive worldwide.

I need to know who's albums I should be binning or deleting from Itunes as it worries me that I'm not cool enough and I want to up my street cred on here and out and about when I drive really slowly down the high street with the music turned up to max.:thumbsup:

So lets be having a list of who's SHITE, RUBBISH, BLAND but popular and should be laughed at at or sniggered at.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It is also because of their huge status no matter what anyone says. If they were a band selling 500 records playing at the Concorde all thetrendies on here who slag them off would be raving about them and that is a FACT.

:thumbsup:

Scouting for Girls :jester:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Coldplay
The Feeling
Scissor Sisters
The Fratellis
James Blunt
The Fray
Nickleback
Jack Johnson

Take your pick from the Radio 1 play list...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you like it who gives a shit? There are too many too cool for school folk in this town who will tell you what they think is and isn't cool to listen to. I've been to some of the so called cooler places in Brighton to see the supposed cream of the new and exciting talent and for the most part they are scenester wankers.

Can't go wrong with some Tom Waits or Chris Cornell in my opinion.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Blandness appeals to the majority, it's an indisputable fact.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Wehen I were but a lad there were three distinct types of music of the radio. Pop, (Sweet, Slade, Mud etc.) Disco (anything from Motown, Stax to the Bee Gees) and Progressive Rock, (Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd and so on).

God help anybody who liked music from more than one genre ! Frankly music is a matter of personal preference so like what you like and let others enjoy what they like.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is Brighton still one of the worst places in the country for a decent atmosphere at gigs? Haven't been to one for years but it always used to be that the Brighton audiences were too cool to get involved and therefore nearly all concerts, even from good musicians, were a disappointment as the Brighton audiences tended to lean back and be saying "Come on then, entertain me but don't expect me to be so uncool as to let you know I'm enjoying it"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is Brighton still one of the worst venue in the country for a decent atmosphere at gigs? Haven't been to one for years but it always used to be that the Brighton audiences were too cool to get involved and therefore nearly all concerts, even from good musicians, were a disappointment as the Brighton audiences leant back and said "entertain me but don't expect me to be so uncool as to let you know I'm enjoying it"

There is an element of that at some gigs.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It depends which gigs.

I went to see The Cribs YONKS ago when they were just emerging. Was a cracking gig. A year or two later at the Concorde the same band attracted a load of mulleted scenesters and it was rubbish.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Coldplay
The Feeling
Scissor Sisters
The Fratellis
James Blunt
The Fray
Nickleback
Jack Johnson

im so confused i thouhgt i was supposed to like half of them.:down:

Take your pick from the Radio 1 play list...

ah... i see, so what is good is measured as the inverse to what radio one plays? good to see critical thought has gone in to this.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If you like it who gives a shit?

Is the right answer.

I went to see Bon Jovi a couple of days ago, and they're certainly not considered 'cool'. They are, however, my favourite band, I love their music and I think they are absolutely fantastic live.

I refuse to allow that opinion, or my likes or dislikes of any other artists or musical genres to be swayed by what is or is not seen as being 'cool'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've really got into Nickelback lately, but I'm regretting it now because I've been told that apparently they are in fact utterly SHIT. Shame, as I thought their album All The Right Reasons was actually pretty decent.

I'll probably have to go back to some of my old Aerosmith stuff instead, as long as they're still acceptable.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nickleback always sounded to me like those guys who go on X factor shows and try to do rock. Badly. You should check out some Soundgarden or Pearl Jam to see how angst rock should be done!

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
It seems that some big bands are RUBBISH and we need to know who it's cool to really really dislike even though they are massive worldwide.

I need to know who's albums I should be binning or deleting from Itunes as it worries me that I'm not cool enough and I want to up my street cred on here and out and about when I drive really slowly down the high street with the music turned up to max.:thumbsup:

So lets be having a list of who's SHITE, RUBBISH, BLAND but popular and should be laughed at at or sniggered at.

Regardless of what music you play, if you drive down the high street with the music 'up to the max' you are always going to be laughed at.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Regardless of what music you play, if you drive down the high street with the music 'up to the max' you are always going to be laughed at.

OH yeah, doorskins in and out with the bass and it's a really nice spoilered and lowered Vauxhall Corsa with great paintwork. No-one laughs they're too busy putting their hands over their ears.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here