Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music thread - reggae legends

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Been doing a bit of singers and players searching on youtube and seems I may have missed out there. Can't seem to find that track you mention. Any chance you could find it and post it up here ?

To be honest I more had Sherwoods Dub Syndicate stuff in mind like Strike The Balance. Seems I could do myself a favour and look furhter into Adrian Sherwoods catalogue. I never got into African Headcharge at all, but it's nice to hear you mention Akabu as I saw them play live a few times, mostly as support.

The copy I have of Cry Tuff Dub Encounter Chapter I says it's The roir sessions but the release seems to be by Danceteria, licensed from Reachout International Records (ROIR).
Quite a limited run on Hit Run in the late 70's.
Can't find Dungeon etc on you tube- but it's a great rhythm.
Headcharge's In Search of Shashamane Land is quality- lots of Iyabinghi drum, of which you mention you're a fan.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Talking of The revolutionaries. I have the album Well Charge Dub which is basically a dub version to the classic Mighty Diamonds Right Time album.

Also, recently picked up two double CD compilations entitled The Channel One Story and Channel One Story Chapter Two. Both released on VP.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Quite a limited run on Hit Run in the late 70's.
Can't find Dungeon etc on you tube- but it's a great rhythm.
Headcharge's In Search of Shashamane Land is quality- lots of Iyabinghi drum, of which you mention you're a fan.

I saw African headcharge at Glastonbury on the 'World Music' stage years ago.

Highlights on that stage for me were Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and also palm wine singer S.E.Rogie. I'd never heard of those two before and they played to a half empty field, but it was sheer musical heaven for me. When African Headcharge came on the place was suddenly ram and perhaps it's the snob in me because I knew they were popular at the time, but I just didn't take to them. I much prefer Nyabinghi from the likes of Ras Michael, Count Ossie and Cedric 'im' Brooks.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Here you go. Dub cut to Mighty Diamonds I need a Roof :thumbsup:

[yt]EcseUPaJs-I[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here