Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music thread - reggae legends

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What a marvellous thread!

Have to say I got turned on to reggae via The Clash and the DJs at punk gigs in the olden days. A perfect fusion IMHO.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Once saw Mad Professor at the Concorde. Couldn't come within 10 feet of the speakers. My stomach was literally churning.

We've been blessed with visits from some absolute legends over the years at the Concorde. Off the top of my head, I can recall seeing Lee Perry, Buju Banton, Luciano, I Threes, Scientist, Mad Professor, even Aston "Family Man" Barrett himself when the Wailers band came visiting!

Would have absolutely loved to have seen Sizzla, who sadly I don't think he ever made it to our town. One day maybe.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M55bJtHF930
Still cant sus out how to embed :angry:
Sweet,Sweet voice RIP Bim:bowdown:

You need to take the 11 characters that follow the = and surround them with [yt] at the front end and [/yt] at the back end. It's thanks to Buzzer that I know that now.

But for now, here's the Bim Sherman you wanted up anyway. :thumbsup:

[yt]M55bJtHF930[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh dear. See what happens when the pupil tries to act the teacher :blush:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I like a bit of Toots me.

[yt]UhjBiZSfM08[/yt]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just got a text from my daughter who works at a hotel in Chi. They had The Wailers stay there last night. Turns out they were playing at the Real Ale & Jazz Festival yesterday :ohmy:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Yet again I've got carried away on a reggae thread and flooded it :blush:

I think I'd better bow out. So to try to tie in a few themes. As we've got onto the I Threes, I'll leave with one of Marley's sons.

I think this Damien Marley tune is a modern classic and it brings us back to the era of the original post by Buzzer.

[yt]FNnEuZglKrU[/yt]

Excellent. The remix with Yayo is pretty good as well, a bit more 'Gangsta!

I do like this from him as well

[yt]gbOVn8mENkQ[/yt]

DJB1975

Jul 9, 2009
London
Anyone for King Tubby?
[yt]c7-VzJGSmpU[/yt]

Dub reggae bloody rocks.

You cant go wrong with the Dub, Tubby & Perry. I also got a stack of Augustus Pablo (East Of The River Nile. WOW), Jackie Mittoo, Mikey Dread, Scientist etc. Was in Egypt on my hols a couple of weeks ago, me and my lady
chilling by the pool listening to Perry's Dubstrumentals.

"John Saxon, Bruce Lee, Enter The Dragon AHHHHHHHHH

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
[yt]8d-ZFedfhh0[/yt]
Another HIT!
Linval Thompson created some of the greatest rhythms- provided the likes of Tubby, Jammy and Scientist with some classic foundations for huge tunes.

8ft_legs

Mar 2, 2009
Tun Wells
I personally love the dub movement, mad professor is great, also like classic reggae like Lee 'Scratch' Perry.
Big fan dubstep too, artists like burial, mala and digital mystikz have a lot of reggae elements.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
You need to take the 11 characters that follow the = and surround them with [yt] at the front end and [/yt] at the back end. It's thanks to Buzzer that I know that now.

But for now, here's the Bim Sherman you wanted up anyway. :thumbsup:

[yt]M55bJtHF930[/yt]
Nice one fella, but what youve just said has gone clean over my head:blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here