Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music industry deaths.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Suprised no one mentioned jeff buckly. Tupac? errr quite a few. However Jeff was mine, because after listening to some of his music, i asked when he was next touring. Que my mum telling me that he is dead, and my world collapsing. i was like 12 though... :--/

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Joe Strummer for me. I was also shocked by Kirsty McCall, i mean a fuckin Speedboat!
and also Richie James Edwards, not sure if hes officiall dead yet or still just missing but i think he must be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sandy Denny, Richie Valens and Frank Zappa

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm looking at it from the point of view of what could have been.

While I'm a big Strummer fan, fortunately he'd had the chance to put out quite a body of work by the time he departed us.

Which is why I think Hendrix then probbaly Jim Morrison would be the biggest loses for mine. Both were still so young.

Lennon, Pressley, Jackson all made it to 40 at least.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ian Curtis

I just watched the film "Control", a superb film, highly recommended.

I'm not sure I've ever really been "influenced" by a rock star dying. I would love to have seen Janis Joplin, Led Zep with Bonham, AC-DC with Scott. Freddie and Kurt would have gone on to be even bigger, Hendrix was just getting started, even Jim Morrison might have written another decent song.

There was a series of documentries back in the 80s called "When the Music's Over" about prematurely dying rock stars, very good series.

BTW, Muddy Waters??? he was in his late 60s early 70s, don't think you can call that premature really.

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
John Peel

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
eva cassidy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here