Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Music for your wake …

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I want cheerful stuff, I was thinking Your Covers Blown by Belle and Sebastian or a few tracks from Jamiriquai’s first album.

However at the moment (apart from plenty of new stuff) I’m listening to a lot of Basement Jaxx so I’ll have, Take Me Back To Your House, I Want U and Romeo.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He does write beautifully (obviously) although I admit I've always struggled a bit "getting" this passage you refer to, it fries my simple brain 😆
My understanding is that we don’t know if something is good or bad until the whole thing plays out.

eg; you get made redundant but three months later you get your dream job. You wouldn’t t have applied for if you were still in the same job.
In the meantime the old company you worked for goes bust and everyone is laid off. It was hidden good news but felt awful at the time.

Something like that.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
My understanding is that we don’t know if something is good or bad until the whole thing plays out.

eg; you get made redundant but three months later you get your dream job. You wouldn’t t have applied for if you were still in the same job.
In the meantime the old company you worked for goes bust and everyone is laid off. It was hidden good news but felt awful at the time.

Something like that.
Hmmm, he sounds a bit too complex for my simple mind to get around. However your summary brings me to think his meaning is so very similar to the words of one of my funeral choices by Ron Sexsmith called ‘Gold In Them Hills’.

To me his words that mean no matter how bad life may appear if you just keep looking hard enough there’s much much better out there. One of my (sadly) played frequently songs of late when down in the dumps dealing with all things attorneyship and ageing relatives rams in your face day after day for what seems forever and a day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here