Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music for your funeral

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Cadiz Seagull said:
Serious answer (but then I'm probably closer to the actual day than most of the young whippersnappers on here!) - Nimrod by Elgar
Abide with Me
"Abide With Me" is often selected for the deceased by people hoping they are doing the right thing with something safe. My Dad and I went to the 1983 cup final and sang "Abide with Me" side by side. Five years later, at the Downs crematorium, it was a hugely poignant reminder of the happiest day of our Albion supporting lives.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
dont even GO there

Why? fecking great cover once you accept it as being gay glam rock- just like the album :clap: :clap:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sneaky George said:
"Sanctus," Faure's requiem

OH f***ing WELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sublime piece of music and fabulous to sing:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Most music tends to send me off at funerals. I went to this one, he was more of an acquaintance than a friend, but they played 'Dedicated Follower of Fashion" by The Kinks. Mainly coz he used to sing it at his local karaoke, but also coz he had truly awful dress-sense. It was so funny yet at the same time it got everyone very emotional and tearful. Good choice i thought.

:clap:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you're not the Mick Beard who played cricket in brighton are you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here