Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray's pre season form

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think someone is telling porkies! You would swap Hoskins for Murray any day of the week!

The thing about Murray is that, despite having bags of talent, he has a highly questionable attitude. He seemed to want to get back up north as soon as he signed. He mopes about, was a loner within the squad, can sometimes be seen to be very lazy on the pitch and only seems to do it when he wants to. He only really fully applied himself in the last six months at the club - contract time.

In short, it's all about him, but only when he can be arsed. I don't think a proper squad needs those kind of players. If Freedman can get the best out of him you've got yourself a good player (albeit unproven at Championship level), but I'd take Elliott Bennett over Glenn Murray ANY day of the week. He's the one we'll miss.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Our top three strikers scored seventy odd goals between them last season. Questionable whether we will miss miserable Glenn at all.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I think someone is telling porkies! You would swap Hoskins for Murray any day of the week!

Time will tell, but I genuinely think Hoskins is a better player than Murray. 20 goals in a struggling side last year, against Glenn's 22 in a title-winning side tells it's own story. Glenn scored 1 or 2 crackers for us last year but also missed plenty too - a clinical finisher would have had 30+ goals in our side last year no trouble. Then there is the question mark over his attitude - at times he's a 100%er, at others he might as well not be on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here